1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2019.

1. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Us saying Clint needs to dunk that! Well truth is thats not what he is, not a great finisher with people around him and always juggle Westbrook passes. Also when people say you cant win with Westbrook, this game gave me those feelings, his IQ in the 4th is not good and hes all over the damn place, its wild looking lol.

For the love of god stop shooting so many 3's!! Youre 22% on 3pt thus far

2. JackLordsHair66

1-7 on 3s and missing 4 FTs isn’t going to win big games and we saw that tonight. Harden was awesome EXCEPT the missed FTs which seems to be a Rockets disease every year with most of its players smdh

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I need to watch it again, but he had like 3 guys on him and couldn’t get as much elevation

Russ pulling up for a three even his own momma would admit he can’t hit annoyed me far more than anything else

BasketMAD and ElPigto like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that alley oop pass was horrendous lol. I don't think Clint could of gone to his hook there he had two defenders on him, he just doesn't have that sort of ability.

I would of rather him just try to power through and force a call but he doesn't have the hand strength to go up strong.

bj3175 and pippendagimp like this.
  5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russ took that 3 because 2-3 times in a row he passed to Capela and Clint had butterfingers or missed layups in traffic

jcmoon likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Mike needs to STFU

our team fell apart down the stretch, potentially because Kawhi and PG were around 30 min and James and Clint were at 40.
    Also , you had a chance to draw up a play and passed it up for God knows what reason.

Mike cant pull his head out of his ass in-game. Its the biggest weakness we have

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Then leave, stop following the team. If you honestly cant see why hes a positive on the floor than i dont know what to tell you.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  8. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

STFU, only have **** to say when HOU loses. If you're just gonna end up MAD or negative, just stop watching games. Do yourself a favor loser.

D-rock likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there were 2 guys there, he should have either pumpfaked first, or spun for his hook shot, or just tried to powerdunk it. but throwing up a weak bunny shot was the worst possible outcome

10. Mr. Space City

Looking back at this. This is kinda bad play design.

Someone should have been setting a screen at least. Spacing is bad. Harden and westbrook are squeezed in the wing. If theyre gonna trap harden, then set a screen with a shooter.

Westbrook should have still drove, and at least maybe kicked out to PJ in the corner if his defender rotated on westbrook

TimDuncanDonaut, carib and BasketMAD like this.
  11. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'll feel much more comfortable with a healthy Gordon out there to cover Lou. It felt like he was always open.

jcmoon and CCity Zero like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope House doesn't become the Will Fuller of the Rockets, because we need him healthy if our cheap owner doesn't pay for a better forward to start on this team.

jcmoon, everyday eddie and BasketMAD like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahah, exactly, I'm houston for life... I don't need bs espn. We can definitely discuss the positives/negatives but espn sucks

Vivi likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i honestly think he's also scared of actually getting the foul call and then having to stand at the FT line in the clutch

Gray_Jay and ElPigto like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Lots of coaches elect not to use the timeout, it would have been harder to in bound as well. Man really this just you honing in on Mike again.

icewill36 likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden had two defenders on him, Russ had the space to attack the basket but chose not to. I'd like to see the replay on that again.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

most of us probably thought this was going to be a blow out loss on the road with no depth, against the clippers at full strength but we end up losing after having the lead with a minute left.

it only seems like a bad loss because the win was there for the taking, but considering those things its not bad. there is no shame in losing to a loaded team on the road.

18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yes because this team is the ultimate cute mid-tier playoff team who beats up on the bad teams and can't beat the good teams.

CK Johnson likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Your assessment is so poor dude. So you ignore that we dont have Gordon or House?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Looking back at that, I'm right, Westbrook had one defender on him who was also trying to cover PJ in the corner. He had the space to attack and instead he pulled up. Ugh, so frustrating. Harden had two ****ing defenders that he took out of the play.