1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So P.J Tucker is going guard both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

Why can't James Harden have a killer instinct on defense taking on the best player in Kawhi or whoever on every team.

That is the only thing that is stopping James Harden from elevating to Greatness in the Playoffs.

2. igotwhipscollectingdust

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Revenge of the Clippers and after the loss the sky will fall and the debbie downers will create the ??? Game tells it all.
    Richard Jefferson and the others will have a hot take of the ages, only nick wright wil defend us.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah going off for sure, but it will never be with threes, it should come from straight up dunks and attacking the rim. I just played a game on 2k, 12 minute quarters with Westbrook scoring 65 points on 43 shot attempts, making 27 of them. Final score 155-144 win :) good sign right? ;)

Seriously though, we need Westbrook to have one of his monster games, but that would need to come from early being hot so Harden will take more of a backseat. Harden is still the main guy so it will be hard. If House plays then it should be possible to win, but without him, I don't see us winning and that's okay.

5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yea...Ben mc played bad the last game versus the clippers and somehow we still won, so I guess you never say never...but I guess the point is, if they got both forwards this time we're in trouble.

but I guess that's why we're fans...we're always hoping for the best when the odds are against us...maybe gary clark can go off?

i think russ is going to have a seven three pointer game one day this season simply because he doesn't give a ****. he's going to shoot regardless and anyone can get hot for one game.

I would also like to see clemons get a lot of burn and guard lou will one on one.

I think Hartenstein can probably guard the lou will / Harrell or zubac pick and roll better than chandler.

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Their bench has lou Williams and Harrell. Who can guard pg13?

7. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Rockets will win. Harden gets 45, Westbrook has a 23,10,12 game, Capela with 16 and 20, House plays and gives us 16 points

Hakeemtheking and Killatron 2000 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Tfor3, Killatron 2000, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  9. jcmoon

Nick Wright is on our side! :)

Tfor3 and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Matchups like this are where you really need EG and House on the wings. We lack shooters right now.

BackNthDay likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think a Fakers game would be entertaining right now, but one must wait till January.

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't feel great about this one, we'll see.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tonight is real simple, play D and make open shots. It all comes down to the last 5 minutes with the Clippers going with Trez, Lou, PG, Kawhi, and Pat Bev. Our last 5 minutes, Clint, James, Russ, PJ, and whoever is playing the best among Austin, Ben, or Sefolosha...

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Great point, we must match up with their bench...

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Please be a good one, with a good result, and if it's not too much to ask of you basketball gods.. no injuries.... for us. The Clippers can get them. But I'm not wishing that on them.

WestendMassive, Tfor3 and heypartner like this.
  16. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with Mr Sizzle for once :eek:

Williamson and J Sizzle like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets slap up the Clippers, then I slap up the crybaby posters postgame

please b-ball gods, let it be so

20. jcmoon

i'm not even worried about this dude anyways. its just the fact that our forwards are that bad....marcus smart can guard him one on one in the post. We can man him up with Thabo or even IHart. George is more of the problem. we'll have to put tucker on George IMO.

I think we'll probably live with man coverage on kawhi in the post...its just two points anyways.

Os Trigonum likes this.