1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 10/4/2019 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Tilman should look into purchasing a hotel in hawaii. That way the team could hold training camp there on a permanent basis. The players seem to enjoy hawaii more than they enjoy the golden nugget.

D-rock likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know, Ballmer could be thinking about it as well.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

True, this is the third year in a row the clippers have training camp in hawaii. I know ballmer is so loaded that it probably doesnt matter. but buying a spread may be cheaper in the long run.

D-rock likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Imo its extremely high impact he jumps up with force and then lands on only 1 knee. All healthy knees become crappy knees eventually, and even a low impact player like KD ends up with knee injuries eventually.

Jumping up and landing on one knee all the time can't be good for that knee.

Houtho and FrontRunner like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thabo is kinda old though we all know House can contribute if he outs it together so they can use this time to groom him.

Also I highly doubt there's gonna be an interest in House he is a fringe wing player, a dime a dozen in the NBA today.

withmustard likes this.
  6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree with all of it. Between the three, they all have a different upside and value. Thabo is proven but old, while I see Mac and House as very similar players. Both struggled to find their place in the league, but seem to fit into a winning system instead of not fitting into a losing system. It's hard to assess Mac because it's been just two preseason games, and it's tough to judge House because his regular season was so different than his playoffs. He was like the anti-Robert Horry.

Right now of course I think I'd take House over Mac, but not by much. That small gap is even less when you factor in Mac's salary savings, which I know is small but still savings. This is all a good problem to have for the Rockets but Mac, so far, has looked too good to cut. I'd rather get something, even a 2nd rounder for House then let Mac walk for nothing, especially if they're both destined to play behind Thabo.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oops. Forgot this game was last night

JayGoogle, tmoney1101 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t think there’s any chance Clemons doesn’t make the team if he keeps playing like this. Hell, I’m trying to figure out ways they can get him in the rotation.

bballjunkie and don grahamleone like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Was looking forward to watching the game tonight.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

House is one of them prospects, albeit 26 yrs old, the Rockets got no real draft picks, few ways to get talented
    Rookies.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for this

D-rock, Remlap and FrontRunner like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you getting ready to change that avatar?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

What makes you think House is worth a 2nd round pick though lol for the other teams who aren't obsessed with Danuel House like CF there is virtually no difference between House and Mac except House is guaranteed 3M over 3 years and would cost a 2nd round pick to acquire. If I'm the other team I just wait for the Rox to cut Mac and then sign that guy to a minimum deal.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I recorded the NBA TV Rockets Season Preview. It was pretty good. The Clips and Jazz ones were good too.

The way it ended: Greg Anthony and Brian Shaw (two pretty darn neutral analysts) said they considered this Rockets team to be a championship team. Of course, later Brian Shaw predicted the Clippers were going all the way at the end of the Clippers' version.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why are you talking about trading House? You can't trade him until like December or something like that. Plus our offense will actually look like it has some semblance of structure when Harden and Westbrook are out if he's in there.

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kind of crazy how the Rockets managed to get decent young players with basically no draft picks.

Give Morey an extension I say. Long may he reign!

18. riko

riko Member

What is scary for the league is James was pretty much was on cruise control all night and still had 37-7-7 in 28 minutes. If that was a normal game he easily could have went off for 50 plus

D-rock likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, this isn't complicated, Willie Tanner.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm just responding to the other poster who said House is worth a 2nd round pick I'm not saying I want House traded.

In fact I like House on the squad his contract is small, he is locked up for the next 2 years and he is Harden's boy so he will help the chemistry on the team. I think the team can groom him to be the eventual SF we need next to Harden and WB.

don grahamleone and FrontRunner like this.