1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 1/4/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houston_Rockets

I hope I am completely wrong about this, but I think we will be destroyed by the Clips. I say this not because of the talent they have, but because of the energy they play at home, and the fresher legs, having said that I want to see.

1) Dalembert playing more time
    2) Lowry going toe to toe against CP3
    3) Perimeter players attacking the rim and stop settling for 3s
    4) If Patterson is not ready to play, I don´t want to see him out there
    5) Better rotations, and better coaching

Let´s GO

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

3. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Who's going to frustrate the hell out of Griffin now that the Chuck Wagon is in Sac Town ?!?!?!?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TBH with you, I do not see any alternative that can back up Scola...other than PPatt 4)

3) will be important
    5) The experiments so far had mixed results but I think the coaching staff is up to the task

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hate these late @$$ games.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

this ...........those LA games are exhausting

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

another loss, book it

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

9. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Guys- any links to the game?!:)

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

win by buzzer beater

11. Houston_Rockets

Hill is a PF not a Center

Pat is playing like a normal guy out there, and the main reason is the fact that he is not physically or mentally (confidence) ready to play.

One of the things I don´t understand with our rotation, is the fact that apparently Dal is not playing big mins because he is not physically ready, but on the other hand, Pat is not even ready to play much less 15mins against Gasol/Bynum, but he still plays.

It pains me to see scrub version of Pat playing, because he is not getting better game by game, and the team is not gaining anything for playing him.

We need monster Pat, and he is not there yet because of the early injury.

12. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Hopefully it's Marcus Morris' time to shine while Courtney Lee is out. Time for him to earn those minutes over chandler parsons

13. valorita

valorita Member

Corrections to your comments:
    -Hill is not a starter.

-Pat has been terrible so far. If any of our other players sucked it half the amount that he has, then I'm pretty sure there would be 100x knee jerk trade/suck threads. I really like Ppat's professionalism and effort but I don't see why people think he's going to be anything more than an average starter in the future.

-Dalembert doesn't know any plays and is not familiar with our guys. Also, if you look at his career, he has never been a high minutes type of guy.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marcus Morris sent to D-League(unless I missed it and he wasnt sent)

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Does anyone know why McHale is not playing Thabeet?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Hill is a PF....but I don't see him logging too much of Patrick's minutes.
    Patrick just did not have the offseason to work. I guess he had that surgery very close to the season....and nobody at that time knew if there will be a season or not.
    Of course no excuses....just saying special issues there with this shortened season......I think game experience is the best there...... We are not in a WIN NOW mode.......at least I do not think we are .....it's the owner thinking we should be

17. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Seems like bad timing for him to be sent down. We will need depth with that c-lee injury, and the schedule we've got over these next few days

18. Houston_Rockets

- You didn´t correct me, I didn´t say that Hill was a starter neither a scrub, I just answered the question, who plays behind Scola at the 4, and IMO that gap is for Hill.

- Why bring the how good will Pat be? Who gives a crap right now, all I want is him to play the best he can, and right now he looks like a scrub because he is not ready to play because we are rushing him for NO REASON.

- I don´t want Dal to play 40mins per game, I want him to play 25 to 30 mins

19. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

The last time we were in a WIN NOW mode, we traded for Artest to go along with Tmac and Yao. It has been downhill ever since.

I really don't mind the growing pains during the rebuilding years as long as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For that very reason I really don't see the point of playing Jordan at 5.

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Right on. All 5 points must be addressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.