1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 1/18/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2016.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Harden is both what is both GOOD and BAD about Houston. And tonight, his terrible defending allowed Reddick all the time in the world. Harden was too slow getting to him and when he switched, LA just went to Pearce when again Harden was too slow.
    Time outs, Harden was barely involved. Howard on the other hand was talking to Clint (and it didn't look like goofing around stuff).
    There's a real disconnect with the team which starts with Harden wanting to play his own game that effects the others.
    Ariza was yelling at Jones for being out of position. Harden was going off at Thornton, which Thornton then went to the bench to seek clarification and then looked even more confused.
    I've come back around on Brewer because he seemed to try and get players going and I think that's what we need. But there's still a cancer and unfortunately I'm starting to think it's Harden.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That doesn't explain the defensive end.

3. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

let it rest
    DH did great tonight

4. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

They will if they play us again. Our perimeter defense sucks so bad.

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Dwights on an awesome run of late, with tonight topping the list.
    Ariza, Thornton, Jet and even Brewer (smh) all put in a huge effort. They were really let down tonight by Jones and Harden.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Depends IF JB learns to utilize a player like KJ McDaniels for in your face defense next time if necessary. KJ wouldn't have done any worse tonight that's for sure

7. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

that's a gross, and as a result, misleading simplification. I'll agree the rockets hung tough most of the fourth without harden, but they really started biting into the lead when everyone was rolling ALONG with harden on the floor simply because he was taking in so many double teams. Harden kept making the right passes in these situations, and the ball movement was great. We got a howard dunk, penetration, two set plays that used harden as a decoy to get thornton looks as threes.
    That being said, OT hit and harden decided it was time to "take over" and go for all that personal glory and isoball.
    That's the real problem, this team's greatest potential is with harden on the floor as the off man, not as the primary handler, and harden probably knows it. And its not like he doesn't know how to play off the ball, he does, we saw it in OKC. The problem is, the only reasonable conclusion is that its all about his ego, and i really hate thinking that as a rockets fan

8. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

It's on harden, you can't rely on terrence jones to show up every night

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'd agree for 1-2 mistakes, but Jones was awful especially in the 1st half. Sure we got back into the game late in the 4th, so from there Jones is off the hook. I've been a fan of Jones for a long time, but tonight he was terrible.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If Dwight could hit his free throws like that every night he would be unstoppable.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

How many more games before everyone realizes Harden is losing us way more games than he wins for us? You know, I bet McHale and JB came up with defensive switching because they realize Harden will not put in effort. They are cowards and a real coach would've drawn up plays for Dwight and Thornton. A real coach would sit Harden's ass down. Game 6 was one time, so don't even start that McHale would've pulled James. Our problems start with Harden and end with our coaches..

12. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Well said. I was letting my emotion riding me over. Yet, i don't think we can fix his offensive problem, and I think we all agree on his defensive side of the story - save energy, let teammates do the hard work.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well given that we are what .500 ? Even if harden has cost us every single game , that means that the games he hasn't cost us he has won us .

So to answer your question how many more games will it take before ppl realize he is costing us WAY MORE , you have to define way more . Personally I would only say something is way more if it is like double . But to make it more realistic I would say that 10 more losses than wins might qualify as way more .

So the answer to your question is we'd have to lose 10 more games in a row before ppl realize that Harden is costing us WAY MORE games than he wins us . And given that we are already 40 games in is 40 losses way more than 30 wins ? I doubt it . I dunno how many people think 40 dollars is WAY MORE than 30 dollars .

Maybe the answer is that harden is not winning us games because he isn't playing like a top 3 player because he is in a shooting slump , defenses have adjusted to him , and he carries 90% of our offensive load on his shoulders . Also it may be that our coaches can't figure out any adjustments to get him back on track . But hey , you could be right and his egomaniacal attitude along with laziness the likes never seen before is the true cause of hardens off year so far .

14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I think the only coach who gets to Harden is Thibs... Look how well he played on defense after a summer with him.. I love JBB, but what might be best for Harden and the rest of the team would be to bring in Thibs over the summer.

15. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Idk if you guys see it, but there seem to be plays for the past few games where it's almost as if the rockets players play keep away from Harden. Is it just me? Dwight will look at harden and almost show basically a cold shoulder and throw it to the opposite side. Ariza frankly with body language, is getting fed up on the offensive side with the hideous isos.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This may change (it probably will) -- but right now, I'm sick of James.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It's useless if Harden is still playing like S H I T.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am hoping, but is there any real evidence that KJ can actually play in your face defense?

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stop disrespecting Lebron with an lazy ass who only care about sex and money!

He is only "engaged" on bed with Khole Kardanshian.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

OK OK I get it everyone hates Harden, lol. I was talking about Dwight though. He played great tonight.