1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 3/6/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I was at the game too and shook Kyle Lowrys, parsons and Rondo's hand!

2. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I just read that Greg Smtih took a hard fall during practice and he was listed inactive last night. I didn't know that. This makes sense cuz I was wondering why we didn't see him play. He would've helped get Scola or dally get out of foul troubles

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Lowry pulled off his spin move off a drive for the layup move again this game. The guy is sick. Hope Morey brings in some talent beside this guy so he gets the attention he deserves.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, what crap. Luis had one of his best games this year. Maybe you're singling out one play, but Lowry just sucked. He couldn't tie Scola's shoes last night. Without Scola, we don't even sniff a lead in the 4th. I'm pissed off about the loss because I hate to lose, but put this loss on our backcourt, which disappeared, the refs, who shackled our bigs with absurd, ticky-tack fouls, while letting Boston, of course, get away with murder, and McHale, who seemed not to have a clue as to what to do at crucial points last night. As others have said, when we couldn't buy a basket from the perimeter, from the wings, why not play Budinger, who loves playing in Boston? What were we doing with, and after, our timeouts? McHale played a big role in this loss, IMO. Maybe coaching the team at the Garden got him over excited, and his brain went on overload. That's just swell.

One person who doesn't deserve criticism because of his play last night is Luis Scola.

(sorry, I'm as pissed off as anyone about the loss last night, but Scola had a tremendous game)

1 person likes this.
  5. alethios

alethios Member

this is so true - CBud seems to step up his game in Boston. I think he just loves playing there. I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see him in Boston jersey (on the court).

6. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

I am confused

Why did McHale put Courtney Lee on pierce instead of Parsons? And I know some of yall are going to say Courtney did good on him with that one backcourt violation defense, but do you know how many times he got pierce to the line?

This is bullsh!t..

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pierce started the game pretty good when Parsons was defending him, so it's not that McHale had to sub him in. Parsons and Lee had severe problems defending Pierce.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You have to play both offense and defense.

On the road, underdog, overtime -- a good strategy is to go with your most effective offensive lineup that can maybe get on a roll and string together a bunch of points in a row.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Parsons shut pierce down the first two quarter. I missed the third quarter and saw the fth quarter where pierce was torching us.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pierce had 18 points til Parsons got subbed and Lee got big playing time in the midst of the 3rd quarter...

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Morey making McHale play everyone so we can trade anyone

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i just realized that lee had 2 clutch Defensive plays. stopping paul from getting a shot off in the 4th from winning the game and last night stopping pierce from getting up court and mafde him cause a turnover. to me lee is a keeper

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he played some nice defense last night. I may have to watch the game again, but it seemed like they went away from Scola in the second half. I can't recall if it was reacting to Boston's defense, or a coaching decision, unless Lowry/Dragic just went off the reservation. Scola only took two shots in the 3rd, making both. They should have been going to him. The supid "fouls" on him didn't help.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

What am I when I make these little posts here now, 5/5? I would be rich if I took my bets. I was so close to doubling 5k on the Clippers covering the spread vs. the Lakers on January 14 @ LAC.

Oh yeah, and the spread was Philly -6 over Boston....Yet Boston was on a 5 game winning streak. They are really starting to manipulate "professional gamblers" who hedge bets at half-time.

It's like I'm in Stern's mind...not that I want to be. The truth is I don't trust myself to stop after winning. I could have easily called the Rockets losing tonight if I checked the spread, but the more I do it, the more I'm tempted to bet. I'd rather stay away from it all together and keep my health.