1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

You know these guys dreamed about this as kids growing up together

[​IMG]

Tfor3, D-rock, JW86 and 1 other person like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You constantly make claims without fact checking. And it’s always a negative claim towards James Harden. So yes, I do believe you intentionally say inaccurate things regularly, because I know you know how to fact check yourself.

Please spare us the “who me?” act

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dear lord you are pathetic. You honestly think I intentionally make up crap intentionally? I'm sure a few times I misquoted an incorrect value in a statistic. I'm sure you have also.

It's so pathetic that when you merely just disagree about an athlete, you question the motive of the poster. It's childish.

4. smp

smp Member

I agree. Back then I was critical of MDA because I didn’t feel like he was coaching WB correctly. Many people in that thread didn’t think it was coach’s job to do that because “this isn’t college or high school” which I strongly disagreed with.

So I think we have to give both WB and MDA credit for this turn around. WB for showing the ability to evolve and be coached and MDA for getting through to WB and showing him how to improve his game.

It takes both player and coach.

Also credit Morey for taking the chance on the CP3 and Capela trades. We are definitely better than we were last year.

D-rock likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You try too hard, man. You do it all the time. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Keep doing what you're doing if you'd like, but don't be surprised when the board calls you out for it.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol. You aren’t fooling anyone man.

Anyone who reads this forum regularly knows your shtick.

I have called out your inaccurate unverified posts out for years. And they don’t stop.

7. fchowd0311

Calls me out for being a fake fan of the Rockets?

What am I trying to hard it? Expressing my opinion.

Any Rocket fan that has issues with Harden's playstyle gets into the same dilemma here. Expressing a unpopular Harden opinion means you will attract a lot of ad hominem level of attacks and a lot of dissenting opinions. The benign posts everyone agrees with people won't reply to as much. So in a system where you are incentivized to engage in debate, it seems like I only care about "dissing Harden" when in reality I'm just defending a position that people keep replying to.

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

Coach deserves a lot of credit for Russ' recent surge.
    Encouraging him to reduce the 3's and do what he does best, drive and create havoc
    and let others do the outside shooting.

I don't believe this is so much a Harden thing.
    It's no accident that players have career years with MDA.
    It shows that he's smart enough to identify their strengths and put them in position to utilize those strengths.
    But, many don't give him the credit he deserves. Some try and pretend that this small
    ball success just 'happened' like the big bang out of nowhere. I has an architect.

Sure, James is going to defer to his buddy Russ and let him run,
    but coach deserves credit for fine tuning this engine.

GO ROCKETS!!

9. jcf

jcf Member

I took it as a reference to our losing Games 6 and 7 to Warriors in 2018. And “sentences” equals “making threes”. More responds by mocking the Greek Freak.

does this seem right?

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. YaoMingsSoulja

I don't understand Rusillo's response. Is he making fun of himself? Of Morey? What am I missing here...

11. fchowd0311

Oh you're to kind to yourself.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Fchowd typically just tries to throw water on players and the team, even when it's not justified
    Rarely any positives come from him.

D-rock likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

I've been exited about Westbrook's play and was mostly positive in the 2017-2018 season. I showed my frustration in doubling down on excessive iso stationary ball in 2018-2019.

I guess having a dissenting opinion as a Rocket fan that doesn't like that stationary iso style leaves no room to express your opinion here without being labeled some absurdity such as "LOF".

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What are the other options? Unintentionally making up crap intentionally? Intentionally making up crap unintentionally?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

D-rock likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Or you know... Merely just disagreeing with an opinion about a playstyle without having malicious intent or debating in bad faith as a troll. That's an option.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh. Maybe it's just the frequency or the intensity that makes it look like the exact same thing.

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We understand that this may be what you tell yourself, but no one is buying it.

Your posting history is available to reference.

Your ratio of benign posts to your anti Harden shtick posts is somewhere in the 1:10000 range.

19. fchowd0311

So what are you trying to state? I've convinced my self I'm a real Rocket fan when in reality I'm not and joined this board to hate Harden? What is your premise here?

Again, a post critical of Harden of mine generates dozens of other posts because I'm debating my position and apparently people really get offended with my disagreements about Harden enough where they are willing to go on long back and forths.

#1919 fchowd0311, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden got zero fourth quarter points.

Harden got locked down New York rikers island style!

Harden was locked down so bad that he shieted his shorts!

Refs let harden out for overtime with those free throws 30 seconds left in it!