1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/28/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2017.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

This loser is here in every thread repeating same crap

2. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

CP3 is the real MVP of this team and is the main reason why this team has the record that it has, not Harden.

Complaining about Harden is akin to calling out the 'leader' of your team when that leader acts completely r****ded, and puts the whole group in jeopardy by doing so. Especially when there's another guy who is a better leader than that idiot, and that r****ded 'leader' probably needs to step down from his position.

3. threepointshot3

Do you seriously have a life?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. threepointshot3

Right now we are badly short handed so it is key we start by stemming the current hemorrhage of blood. It all starts with the defensive intensity we start with and not letting bad calls become a divisive in our gameplay

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea . . . I think i will ignore at least 3 of his 5 ids

Rocket River

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wait a minute.. Why am I unemployed in this analogy?

Wait a minute... Why wouldn't I want my full unemployment check amount?

Wait a minute.. Is Harden the unemployment check, the dollar missing, or the government?

WAIT A MINUTE... In this analogy are you saying that Rocket fans should just take what we can get from Harden because that little bit missing from Harden's game (mental fortitude) doesn't matter and isn't the hinge between a Championship and a 2nd round exit?

I don't like this analogy.

unlike.

Jake Tower likes this.
  7. dream_team

dream_team Member

Exactly. The refs decided this game, instead of letting the players. Those type of “fouls” happen just about on every play. You simply can’t make that call in that situation.

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

If you want to find out Harden's value to the team....see what the record would be without him.....you think you plug in CP3, forget him and we are better off ? I can see us much better now without his 30-50 pts.a game. With Ryno, Ariza, Nene and Black's defense and EGO, Ryno and CP3's offense, we'd never miss him.We'd go from a guy who scores A LOT with questionable defense to people who also have questionable defense and LITTLE scoring. Really want to improve this team ? Trade Anderson for another 6'10" nookie and a bag of chips....throw in Black and Grandpa Nene.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

26 point blown lead?! Another James Harden 2nd half/end of game meltdown?! (I know, I know, always the refs fault)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. threepointshot3

Most people with a minuscule amount of brain cells know Harden is our best player but even he needs a helping hand

AuburnRocket and Beardaholic13 like this.
  11. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

i told you...we had 3 , if ryno scores one more bucket we have 4 and the W,

12. gogispade

gogispade Member

Wtf was that ****

13. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Does anyone know anything about the dates for the returns of Paul, Luc and Clint? Thanks.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Paul may play tonight. Capela won't play to the Lakers game at the earliest and Moute has at least another week out.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Problem with the offensive fouls called on Harden at the end of the game?

Cris Carter: Very seldom do you see those calls but I was more disappointed in Houston in their lack of running a play to inbound the ball. Inbouding the ball is a fundamental. ... Having 2 refs didn't change the outcome. Houston was dominating this game. Because of their lack of shot selection, they allowed Boston to get back in. Execution at the end concerns me going forward, especially when they don't have Chris Paul.

Nick Wright: On the end of the game, it is rich James Harden is complaining about flopping. He didn't like the calls. He wasn't that worried about how many refs were out there when prior to the final moments, he went to the FT line 15 times, more than any player in the game by a wide margin. He gets the benefit of calls more than any player in the league. He has made getting fouled an art form. Marcus Smart is in there at the end of games as a defensive stopper, a pester & probably the league's best flopper. ... You were up 26. You didn't run an offense late in the game. Rockets have themselves to blame for this loss.

Jake Tower likes this.
  16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

You mean players that were either incredibly inconsistent, or didn't get any minutes? Lol that's not depth.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Of course everyone will say this. Harden talks and plays like a loser. Once he hits a few big shots to win games in the future they will be back on his balls. Then playoffs will once again tell the truth hope CP3 motivates him to go ham.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the question is more apt for you when criticism of a player on your team is so negatively received by you.

These are legitimate criticisms. Harden falls apart when the defender decides to press Harden off or on the ball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

The vets on this team failed last night ,
    Boston was smothering them and they did nothing about it.
    One hard foul would have changed the game.
    Would have made the refs a lot more attentive, they let them sleep walk the whole game .

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This just in. Just like refs give Harden the benefit without the doubt on drive ins most of the time, NBA refs give elite defensive teams like the Celtics or the Warriors the benefit without the doubt also when they press up on offensive players.

Luckily we have a Chris Paul who doesn't give a **** about presses and can always beat them.