1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/28/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2017.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

LOVE CP3 but for him to be all that he needs to be ON.THE.COURT...not cheerleading.

Remlap likes this.
  2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You may feel happy as ****.

But you are sad as ****.

3. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

You moronic Harden homers have it completely backwards.

You guys love to rag on Ryno when this team is built around Harden and will go as far as Harden goes. If anyone needs to be scrutinized every game, it should be the centerpiece of the team, and if that main player doesn't live up to expectations, most harsh words should be thrown upon him because he has the most impact and influence on the outcome, as opposed to constantly whining about some non-factor marginal players.

It's like blaming some low level intern instead of the CEO or president of the company. Makes no sense whatsoever.

#1683 brewer's goat, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Jake Tower likes this.
  4. dandorotik

Boston is too good a team for us to be up by 26 in Boston. They're not better than us, but they're not THAT much worse than us.

So, the comeback wasn't shocking. It could've been a back-and-forth game, for all it's worth.

The main point is that egregriously bad and biased officiating did not even give us a chance to hold, maintain, or get back our lead.

riko and Crashlanded19 like this.
  5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Smart is a player notorious for flopping down the stretch of games; things that should be mentioned in scouting reports especially by assistant coaching. Harden has played long enough in this league to know who and how people guard him. Harden was punked...twice. How about calling out his 45 foot bomb nursing a 2 point lead under 35 seconds? How about shooting 5-19 in the second half? Harden played like crap...not gonna make excuses about it.

Jake Tower likes this.
  6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the rockets threw that game, what part of that dont you guys understand... no nba team, not even the atlanta hawks are bad enough to only intentionally make 9 shots in a half

and what about eric gordon's 5 or 6 airballs

the rockets had to lose this game, and boost kyries profile in the minds of nba casuals and kids who dont know any better

and instead of harden standing up to those scumbags, he lets them boss his ass around

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm actually surprised by the fact that so few guys are even considering that, since it's the same thing that happened against the Clippers before the calls in the end etc, i get the frustration, i'm ****ing pissed and i'll still be for days even if we win tommorrow. But what really changed the game were not the refs, but our lack of intensity and intelligence, we're really good in letting scrubs or other players in general gain confidence when they're with their shoulders against a wall. There's a reason why there's always a scrub going off against us. The way we (let's say) played/started the third quarter was just terrible, and that costed us a game, again. If we play smart and like a team we keep that lead and win the game without being screwed by that shitbag of Tony Brothers.

francis 4 prez and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  8. macan

macan Member

i'll take a break from tmr's game...my heart is not ready...

bro2044 likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

meh

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

Sure, Harden had a hard time scoring in the 2nd half. That was by design. Not necessarily laziness
    They made adjustments and know that with CP and Capela out, that doubling and attacking him is a viable strategy.
    So they DID. It's easy as an armchair shooting guard watching from your living room to think that he needs to do MORE.
    But he's already being double teamed and everybody on the opposing team is keyed on him.
    Believe it or not, these players are actually human. They get tired and thirsty and run out of gas.
    You don't from your recliner in your living room, but they DO

But who else stepped up? EGO was firing airballs. RYNO not making shots consistently.
    I don't agree with every decision that James sometimes makes. However, there is ONE BIG factor that you are overlooking.
    Without James Harden, we wouldn't even have been IN that game. Or MOST games this season for that matter.

YOU keep campaigning to dump Harden.
    So who do YOU think would be better and could take us to the promised land?

adw likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's talk about the moment. Did Smart flop or not?

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Rockets built a 26-point lead on one of the NBA’s best; replacing a HOF point guard, all-star candidate center, and versatile rotation player with a g-league point guard, emergency big man, and a player whose contract is so new he didn’t have his own pair of shoes to play in tonight.

Of course making adjustments was gonna be difficult. Tarik Black was the only new guy that’s been here all season. And he’s still learning the system. The other two new guys, Weber and Green, have only been here less than a week or so. Green less than 6 hours! And they got significant PT.

Celtics deserve credit for shrinking the deficit. However, Tony Bros gave them two extra possessions and opportunities to take the lead. That’s why people are whining about the refs. Yes, we understand the rockets gave up the lead. Yes we are upset at that. But that’s more acceptable than officials blowing abnormal whistles on back to back possessions in the closing seconds of a tight game. Which, by the way, was a free throw game for the Rockets

#1692 clutch citizen, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    BigShasta, adw, Patience and 3 others like this.
  13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

I doubt CP3 is even really injured

just the league trying to give the mvp voters a reason not to vote for harden for mvp. " see you cant win without cp3"

And harden goes right along with it

he was doing so good the first month of the season... perhaps a little too good for the elites liking, they wont let harden have a better season than 2016 curry.. NO WAY... curry is the one who was born in akron in the same hospital as LeBron.. he is special.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thank you.

Both can be true people.

The Rockets Choked...and STILL should have won but the refs gifted the Celtics two possessions.

At that point, all the Rockets had to do was hit FTs...that's it...

If they choked at the line, I'd be here getting on them more than the refs.

clutch citizen and adw like this.
  15. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Harden's movement on the court in general is just flat out awful. Slow, sluggish, lacks energy, etc. Part of the strategy for avoiding traps is to not get trapped in the first place. Watch how Curry moves around on the court, and it's just night and day compared with Harden. Harden lets himself get double-teamed way too easily, which all stems from his lack of speed and athleticism. And when pressured he throws away the most predictable passes imaginable, which always results in turnovers.

Jake Tower likes this.
  16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This was such a terrible game that it caused a huge discussion with my girl.

She just can’t understand why I was so pissed.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just smh man...

adw likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden pushed him and he sold the push. Flop is when there's not even contact

19. dandorotik

I'm absolutely right. I'm using sad as a synonym for miserable. That's how your posting is.

I don't give a **** about how great LeBron is, or Curry, or Durant, or Westbrook, or Towns, or Embiid, or Irving, or Kawhi, or any other ****ing player on any other team. I give a **** about Rockets players. It's a ****ing Rockets fan board. Your negative-bias **** is just really tiring and sad.

I don't have a choice in rooting or not rooting for McGrady, or Yao, or Kevin Martin, or James Harden, or Dwight Howard, or Chris Paul. And when they **** up, I chime in. But there is reasonable criticism and there is over-the-top ****. If you hate the best player on the Rockets, then go watch some other team with a best player you believe in. That's what I mean by sad.

Patience and adw like this.
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Just stfu and go check yourself into a hospital.

adw likes this.