1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/2/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2008.

1. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I think the Rockets have to keep this a low scoring game to win it, considering they have 3 superstars.

Portland finally had its streak ended, hope its the beginning of a 13 game losing streak for them, and a 13 game winning streak for us. :D

2. Zhu_BaJie

Zhu_BaJie Member

God bless ROX...

3. DreamYao

DreamYao Member

I am interested in seeing how they defend Yao.

Tom Thibodeau knows everything about Yao. His strengths and weaknesses.

Who should Battier guard? The lights out shooter (Allen) or the volume scorer (Pierce)?

Whoever Shane is not guarding is probably going to have a huge game. We have to pray that they miss their shots... obviously.

If they're stupid enough to put Allen on Bonzi, then Bonzi should have a field day.

If they pay too much attention to Yao, then Scola should be able to go off. This is the type of game where he should be in the starting lineup. Who is Hayes going to guard? Too short for KG.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Boston has the top record in the league not because of their scoring, but because of their defense.

If we crack 90 then we have a shot.

5. docgundy

docgundy Member

Thibodeau limits Yao to single digits.

Pryuen, hook us up of some pics of Yao and Thibs hugging.

6. iLoveTwins

iLoveTwins New Member

this is gonna be a very tough matchup, hopefully the rockets dont lose this one badly.. sigh..

7. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Hopefully we win this game but they have too many good players. I really wanted to see this game if T-mac was playing it would have been a great game. But if Yao, Bonzi, Alston, Head, battier and scola have a good shooting night we will win.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

celtics 90000 rockets 23 yao scores 40 the rest of the rockets -17

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rockets - 110
    Celtics - 104

Rocket River

10. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

We will have a chance to win this. People didn't think we had a chance to beat San Antonio that had Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker in the lineup. They also didn't think we had a chance to against Denver with Iverson and Melo in the lineup. But we were right there in both instances. I think we pull this off.

Keys -
    1. Do not hesitate and attack the weak-side when Yao is fronted or doubled teamed. Don't stand around.
    2. Run the system, move the ball, and don't force the ball into Yao. The ball will find him.
    3. The shooters must be prepared to shoot when Yao passes out. Be confident and don't hesitate.
    4. Everyone must box out and rebound. Don't leave the boxing out to just Yao because he will most likely be surrounded.
    5. Defend the three point line and more importantly communicate on defense.
    6. Protect the ball.
    7. Adelman must call a timeout if someone continues to miss a defensive assignment. Your the coach, give them guidance.

11. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

This is my game, the one I'm attending tomorrow, and I am sooo excited! :D

I have to say the C's are a lot of fun to watch this year (here in the Boston area), so while a part of me may want to see them do well, I REALLY want Shane to have a big night and for the ROCKETS to win! :D :cool:

BattiersBaby.

12. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

If we win, this will be a huge victory and puts pressure on McGrady

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

sadly, fans in Boston will be cheering for Gino on the Jumbotron

14. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

the only way we win this game is if Boston doesn't take us seriously and doesn't even show up to play.

15. tmac2darack

tmac2darack Member

if the game was in houston then we might have a chance, but it's in boston, the rockets play bad there, only tmac plays good. we lose this game by 35 or even 40. tmac comes back in magic game and posterizes dwight and he scores 50, then all tmac haters will praise him.. yao will score 12 points vs the celts. perkins will get 15 blocks on him.. im starting to lose faith in this losing team. its getting really tiring when you are rooting for this team but they still lose!

16. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Is t-Mac playing?

If he dont then, no chance. atleast 15 points lose.

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

does no one want to see barkley in a speedo?

18. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

its certainly in our best interest to dominate the pace of possession and keep the celtics from scoring 140, because like many teams they are better equipped offensively than we are. we are a better defensive squad though, and i hope some defenders decide to show up.

it's gonna be hard to pull it out without mr mcgrady, but its not like the game is determined based on how many superstars you have. the score is not 3-2 celtics already (or really 3-1). kids who think this watch too much espn. this team is built for the regular season but i still am not sure how the newly-settled chemistry and style of play will translate into june. don't go jumping up their shorts after 30 games, the same way we should give the rockets credit and not 'tank the season for an inknown commodity'.

celtics 119
    rockets 101

19. helios

helios New Member

When T-Mac will be back?
    I cant wait to see T-Mac and KG playing on the floor.
    Hope Rockets will bring us a exciting night. :)

20. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

cant see a w