1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2014.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Glad Avery Bradley was still able to have a great game while the Rocket won because he's on my fantasy team.

2. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Even when the Rockets win, this place in unbearable. It's no longer about basketball, it's all about politics. You are either a LOF or a LOFH/LOH. Even if you aren't either, you'll be labelled one. The sad thing is, the extremists have taking over the game threads, and the even-keeled posters have slowly been disappearing (or just washed out, due to the non-stop vitriol the two sides have for each other).

Clutchfans would be a great place to go to, if everyone wasn't on their soapbox. You have Lin fans who believe that Linsanity can be replicated in any environment, and find conspiracy theories of why it doesn't happen (Linsanity needs a PG driven offensive system, this roster is not built for that, nor is the coach). Then you have the other side, who vehemently hates these new posters, and have created a witch hunt to eliminate and purge the evil. It's like Lord of the Flies in here, but the only difference between that book and this place, is the characters from the book are kids. The characters on this forum are adults that behave like kids.

I am a Jeremy Lin fan, since I feel fortunate enough to have ridden the Linsanity train from the beginning, but also a fan of the NBA. NYC was in a major buzz during Linsanity, sorta like Seattle is in a major buzz because of the Seahawks.

I live in Seattle, and OKC usurped the Sonics franchise, so there's no BBall in my area. I thought finding a site like this would be great, because it would allow me to discuss the team I am following. Instead of ideas being shared and learning about different views, and getting news from all the other posters about the Rockets, I got caught up in this childish battle. People come on here to simply be martyrs for their position(LOF/LOFH/ABJ/LOH), and it's ridiculous. The good posters are drowned by all the bad posters.

The lunatics are running this site (not referring to the actual site owner, but all the posters who have to enter every single Jeremy Lin battle).

Jeremy Lin is subjectively the 3rd/4th best player on this team. Yet he is the reason this team losses or wins for a lot of the LOF and LOFH/LOH/ABJ. This team will be built around their two franchise players, and wins and losses will be determined by those two, not Jeremy Lin. That's why James has the keys to the car and only has green lights, because they need to develop Harden and Howard (which means allowing these two to work through all their mistakes). Lin is a role player in this organization, who in my opinion is clearly better than Patrick Beverley. Beverley is also a role player, so it doesn't really matter who starts when it comes to those two, because they are here to compliment the franchise players, not to be developed. Jeremy came here to be developed, but the Rockets were gifted two of the best players in the game, and now he will either be a good complimentary piece to the stars, or moved out for someone who is. Does that mean Jeremy Lin sucks, absolutely not. Does that mean that Lin has a shorter leash than Harden and is not being allowed to play through his mistakes, absolutely. Harden has a ton of flaws in his game, but when you might be the best player in your position, you are allowed to play through your mistakes. It's a double standard, and it's perfectly fine. You can't have 5 guys on the court playing through mistakes, unless you're tanking. Houston and the coaching staff have chosen who they are gonna develop the most (based on min allocation), and it's already obvious who it is; Howard, Harden, and Parsons. The is the NBA, height matters. The PG position is the most talent rich position in the NBA, but because of this, it's the least important position. Thus Lowry, Dragic, and Lin can easily be shown the door.

Does this mean Lin sucks? No, he's just not currently one of the featured players for the Houston Rockets. Get over it, and enjoy the season. These guys all like each other, they play for each other, and they are all working hard towards the same goal. A lot of the Rockets/Lin fans on the other hand (it's not a lot, but the crazy ones just post the most), are just a bunch of guys waking up every morning, slowly crawling out from underneath their bridge, waiting to take a **** on everything.

BTW, the Rockets are having a great season.

3. visible

visible Member

Great post. But there is nothing wrong for fans to wish thier fav player is treated little better. It's human nature. But troll is bad.

BTW, I am live in Seattle too. Go Seahawks.

1 person likes this.
  4. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

highlights anyone?

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Do look now, but SA is running away from the pack and Dallas, Golden State, and the Suns are nipping at our heels. Got to keep winning.

6. Little General

Why do you want the highlights when you can watch the whole game :grin:
    Do watch it quickly though, it might be gone within a few minutes.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bI-AXY-NnoY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Damn Abby Chin could get it....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. hltiki

hltiki Member

Did I stuttah?!?!

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Best post of the thread.

10. Penetrate&Creat

You think LOFs are bad? I got this comment for my above post

"We can all tell you don't watch much NBA and when u do u have your super homer goggles on. U also don't add much to the conversation when all u ever say is "iso iso iso!" (which is perfectly ok when Lin does it, but sucks when the other guys do it :)"

Didn't even mention Lin in the post and I got called an LOF. I don't even pay attention to the LOF/LOH war, but pls dont drag me in it.

11. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

lin can't han solo iso like Harden, that only happens when he gets into his zone and starts hitting 3s. he needs a screen .. pick and roll...I think Mchale finally got it he needs his wings and big men running with him. besides i was more excited by the quick secessions of alley opps he pumped out in game.
    Can someone make a GIF of all those ally OPPS to Dwight?

12. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

hooooo weeeeeee....... pour me some hot butter over that!

13. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I sent you a message the next apologizing about that comment and explaining that I had friends in town and we had gotten our drink on that night after the game. When I returned home that night I posted that comment.

But I'm man enough to admit when I make a comment that isn't accurate. Like I said, McHale isn't a racist but he is biased for sure.

I've had Rockets partial season ticket packages for over a decade so are you really going to try to call me out as an LOF?

Meanwhile, you let all the LOH's post straight up lies about Lin and are ok with bound feet jokes??? Classy.

If this forum is all about conforming, then let me know b/c sometimes it feels that way.

14. ed_tx

I think the point of the forum is to engage in debate and discussion. People are going to have different views. As a Rocket's fan, Clutch is entitled to his opinion and I'm cool with that- even if it goes against mine. But I agree with Archikent too- as an Admin or Moderator, you should treat both sides fairly and be an unbiased arbitrator. Maybe the best solution is for Clutch to have two identities - one as Clutch the Fan and one as Clutch - Moderator. Just my 2 cents.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

95% of people here are ROF's (rocket only fans), I have said this he whole time, their is nothing wrong with LOF's in fact I enjoy seeing certain posters just support players, however what grinds my gears is when they are not open to listen to other posters and vice verser.

1 person likes this.
  16. ed_tx

If Lin messes up, I expect him to get called out on it- no excuses. If our other players screw up, I would expect the same. However, the majority of what I see on here is even when Lin doesn't play poorly, a number of folks will still find something to criticize- like a single play or his "inconsistency". But when you criticize a guy like Harden on his poor defense or his turnovers or his bad FG%, people make up plenty of excuses like he is playing on a bad foot, he is tired or my favorite- he's a superstar so we're ok with all those things.

When Lin sucked against the Hawks and Lakers, I was calling him out and criticizing plenty of his bad plays or shots. And I do the same to Harden or Dwight (who's on my fantasy squad and riding my bench because he still can't hit FT's).

My point is, yes, there are LOF's that will make it seem like Lin never does wrong and he's the next Jordan... but that isn't as commonplace as you guys make it seem. And for every LOF comment, there is at least a LOH comment equally as ludicrous.

#976 ed_tx, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  17. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

good point.

And sad to say that some people tag you instantly as a LOF if you give Lin props. It's just silly.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whoever, thinks that Lin is the only one being constantly criticized for his play are not paying attention. I would say Garcia is the boards least favorite player and not many people would complain if he were traded for a better shooter. The only thing that makes him bearable lately are his awesome stare downs, lol.

Mchale has been catching hell, you can't go through one game post without seeing someone complain about Harden's ISO ball and Casspi except for recent play wasn't winning any popularity contests here either. I think when you start defending Lin as if he is being singled out because he is Lin or whatever, you lose all credibility and respect because it's not true. The overwhelming majority of people on this board love Lin but when he messes up, they have the right to voice concerns just like they do with anyone else. I don't ever remember getting flamed for complaining about Harden's ISO Ball, but I did when I complained that Lin was a bit inconsistent.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are these non-basketball related or off-court biases?

20. mbignfat

mbignfat Rookie

overwhelming majority? yeah... no offense, but I'll have to call BS on that.

To every one LOF I see riding Lin's balls, I see two or three LOH calling Lin a "scrub", "no talent", "doesn't belong in the NBA", "trash" and what have you.

Liking Lin and being a fan of his or even a LOF is a billion times better than a LOH who hates lin for no apparent reason even if night in and night out LIn has shown that he is a hard worker, team player, and even show flashes of brilliance every once in a while.

Lin has shown what he can be during Linsanity, he has shown on multiple occasions last season and this season that he can deliver and yet the LOH are still crucifying Lin. Its almost like its a racist thing.

Sure, you can argue that its not, but we're all behind a keyboard on the internetz. I can lie through my teeth and type BS all the time still smiling... If I can do that, no doubt the real hidden agenda behind some of the Lin hate from LOH is pure racism.