1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Arthurprescott2

I would have never guessed GSW and PDX were going to be this good. I would never have guessed HOU would be 6th either though.

DEN & PDX are only 1/2 game behind us - if HOU starts regressing (*cough* Morris *cough*)...

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Good news is that either Portland or GS will lose tomorrow. Denver or GS will lose on Sunday....Houston needs the Friday and Saturday games.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

The last time Rockets played Boston, wasn't Lin benched for the entire 4th qtr?

4. pnr

pnr Member

I believe so. He was playing well and locking down Rondo and still got benched...

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yup...coaches were still shocked by Lin's 38 points against San Antonio...it took the New York game for them to realize Lin can play.

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

To be fair, he's not really a scorer. In any case, most of our players get their butts benched if they aren't playing too well. And Lin should get plenty of PT as long as he's geling with Harden.

7. nadman89

nadman89 Member

our schedule is seriously r****ded

8. nadman89

nadman89 Member

honestly if we can get to the asg with our schedule above 500. il be happy our march schedule is very easy including a 7 game homestand and 9/10 at home in tht stretch , thats why the hornets loss hurt so bad to me , lets hope we can beat the teams we should like philly and charlotte and stay consistent

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Need to win, cannot afford to lose anymore, especially with the Blazers blazing.

10. hbomb

hbomb Member

I hope we can pull of a win. Feeling weak after that loss to NOH.

Need to get another 120+ game if possible, boost that confidence and get another win streak rolling.

11. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Jail HIM, Canibal!!!

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Need to win this one to avoid losing 3 in a row.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Rockets will win at least one of these two weekend games, so that's not going to happen.

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Can't wait for this game. Who has a big game besides Harden?

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We need to run this slow team out of the building, and the win is ours.

17. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Lin will swim through the sweaty slimy screens set by the meat water fountain KG and Harden's beard becomes a sag bag of KG sweat.

18. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Rockets are 2 1/2 game up from being bump out 8th spot.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Really not worried.

Portland had the 9th easiest schedule in the NBA to date according to Wages of Wins. They have the 2nd toughest schedule for the remainder of the season with some killer scheduling ahead including @GSW tonight, followed by games against OKC at home and @Denver.

They're due for some losses.

On the bright side, our schedule (despite the grueling road schedule and back to backs in January) is significantly easier for the remainder of the season with more than a few soft patches in terms of the level of competition.

We just gotta make it out of January with at least a .500 record and we should be good for the play offs.

20. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

The best part of this for me is that we're only 2 1/2 games back from 4th spot, with two teams right behind us breathing down our neck. This is an exciting ride, and I'm enjoying every bit of it... I mean, how much more awesome could this season be, realistically? We even have the RW drama happening which thankfully isn't affecting the on court action.

I will be happy if we get into the playoffs as the 8th seed, but the very idea of earning home court advantage is so tantalizingly sweet.

I know, I hallucinate too much :p