1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/10/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

We probably won't win, so I would at least like to see this part deux:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B10qzaH5eQk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B10qzaH5eQk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

We'll probably play better if Brad's ejected anyway. :grin:

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

it would be nice to beat the contenders, but our record vs contenders means we will have another loss,unfortunately.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

why do u fellas say we won't win this?

we're winning this one folks!!

We are good when we play in Boston.

We would probably go 41-0 if our homecourt was the T.D. Banknorth Garden.

4. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I'm not a fella, but I'll give it a go...

We haven't won a game this calendar year.

We're 16-21 while they're 28-8.

Every traditional norm about us playing well against certain teams, has NOT held true this season--with the exception of the Memphis Grizzlies.

Our road record of 6-14 is pathetic

Even though they are plagued by injures just like us, they have a championship attitude. We don't have that mental toughness when the going gets tough.

I will be happy to eat crow if we win, but let's face it; the odds are against us.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And all you do is cite record and vague mental junk.
    With Garnett, I would say no, but I think there's a chance since he's not around. Really, Rondo's the only guy that concerns me on that team, and I think we can win.

6. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Yup, record is in no way indicative of how a team performs. And mental toughness really has no bearing, when you consider how many games we've choked away and how many games they haven't missed a beat with their starters being injured. :rolleyes:

I think we can win, also...just like we could have won many games we've lost this season. But we will see if we actually do. I sure hope so.

7. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Rockets win, 105-97. Chase BIRDinger has a big game.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

not sure about that, but at least we'll get to see him play a lot in garbage time...

9. Felece

Felece Member

T Mac Beat them...

Im sure we can too

10. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

dont think brooks will be playing... probably watching the bcs game..

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

i REALLY hope Adelman doesnt decide on playing BOTH SCOLA and MILLER the entire 2nd half together. That's a lose-lose combination

12. JohnGreatest

JohnGreatest Rookie

murders in row

tough loss +1

13. disguyman

disguyman Member

I bet.

14. disguyman

disguyman Member

More like 97-92 Boston wins. Headline, "No one to stop Shaq, Wafer dominates his old team with 20 points 5/5 3's."

I can already see it. I should go buy the lottery now.

15. MadRox

MadRox Member

I hope we win since they only starting 4 all stars after KG went down :p

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Only chance with this game is to make it a track meet. Look for Ish to get some more minutes off the bench to push the tempo. Bench will play a key role here if they want to stand a chance at keeping the game competitive.

17. delta69er

delta69er Member

Well I haven't been able to follow my rockets and clutchfans for about a week as I was busy moving back for college, yet that week was awesomely free of stress. Then I sign on to clutchfans to see how the rockets are doing (I wasn't that optimistic after the losses at Portland and Denver) and saw that we are now in the midst of a 5 game losing streak, about to play Boston, and AB is once again sidelined.

I'm almost ready to give up on the rockets but I can't let myself, kinda like getting over an ex-girlfriend. I was half-expecting a trade to have occured by now but I guess I just have to keep wishing. On a brighter note, we may have 2 all-stars on our team this year haha

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That was just plain stupid on Aldeman's part. Where did he get the notion that either Miller or Scola could defend their bigs.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Love to see T-Will, PPat and JHill on the court at the same time, sadly that probably means we're down 20. Although, would much rather see them get playing time then Battier, Scola and Miller fall behind 20 points.

20. anchel

anchel Member

Last 2 years in Boston 2 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.