1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 3/5/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2007.

1. skywater

skywater Member

Why RA foul Hughs at final second??? Stupid :mad:

Why NO CALL when TMac was fouled at his last 2 shoots ?? :mad:

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

they had news of him falling which happened really late in the game i believe under 3 minutes left

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

YES!!! which is why i get so angry when JVG lets players play through the most r****ded mistakes, while sitting others down for missing a few shots..

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

What do you expect from national media! they treat us like dog sh*t! but they will come out with full recap soon with the actual numbers!

5. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

first off..RA didnt foul hughes..it was a clean block..the refs just gave them the foul..since they were robbing us the whole night..they mite as well put the last nail in the coffin.

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

what was that fight all about behind the bench?

7. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I am not a James-hater, but I don't think he is anywhere close to TMac and Kobe and I truly doubt he will be. Stern has been focused too much on producing a superstar like MJ, who will make great money for the league. NBA becomes more and more business-oriented, and farther away from fair play. :(

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Eh, no big deal.....this was a pure chemistry problem. Guys who have become used to their roles have to find out where they fit in again with Yao.

However, it was a winnable game, and yes, Rafer got a clean block, but why the heck would you even try to make that play?

Rafer "brain fart" Alston strikes again.

However, this was a team effort, they are just going to have to find that proper mix again.....I figured they would lose tonight with Yao back....

And that fall Yao took was probably the best thing that could have happened to him.....he knows he can take the pounding again.....

GO YAO !!

DD

9. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

probably just a drunk fan :rolleyes:

10. ricowang

ricowang Member

In order to get durant or oden, the true celtics fans have to hope the team to lose. Let's join them! :D

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Exactly, and they got the final score correct.

Just seems like bad journalism to me.

12. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Now they have it correct. Probably was just an earlier recap, and forgot to change the numbers when adding the new stuff.

Yao showed some rust, finishing with 16 points on 5-of-15 shooting over 27 minutes in the Cavaliers' 91-85 win. He added 11 rebounds and two blocks but gave Houston fans a big scare when he tripped over a Cavs player and tumbled to the ground with less than a minute left in the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2787899

13. dram1

dram1 Member

True!

But...you knwe there would be a "but"...TMAC is very b-ball intelligent. He knew that there was virtuall no offensive rythm established the whle night. H e has been clutch in the past, and may have been trying to rekindle some of that magic. I would rather have TMac launch a 3 pt bomb from 27' than Rafer dribbling around til the clock expires or even let him jack a 3 pt shot right on the line.

Wait til Yao gets his thing going again...TMac will have the freedom to roam around a bit more. Things will get clicking again. I think Yao still has the dominance inside him and will attract double and triple teams and agin open it up for everyone not just TMac.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

It's been updated. Click on the same link you provided and see for yourself.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not playing doesnt describe him lately. He is strange to me.

At the end of first half, Deke kicked out after the offensive reb, he should have held it for the last shot. I dont care how open he was, no one is allowed to take that trey, not even Ray Allen.

Those two inbound passes, and missing his man on the defensive end, running the show with no clue when Rafer was out. If you watched him closely, you know what I am talking about.

Tmac shot poorly, but he almost got us back. What the heck did Head do tonite besides turning it over and took ill-advised shots? He cost us the damn game.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

not the point Angiogram. Your saying he was our savior in this game. Maybe he was late. But his poor shooting dug the hole in the first place.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Yeah I saw.

Still though, you should take the time to get the facts straight. But then its not suprising considering its ESPN. Rest of the article reads like crap too.

18. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

Rox lost this game, but it's no big deal.
    Yao is still great, he will be much better in the next games and in his prime in the playoffs.
    T-Mac and Yao will both play like MVPs in the playoffs and we will still destroy the league, forget about LBJ, he is not that great, refs are always with him except for he is against Wade.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you know i think about it, in a four point game where marshall chucked in a 3 where he didnt even really look and then a three pointer by lbj (amazing shot) that i had thought was a 2 and it looked like his toe was on the line.

but outside of that alleyoop play after the non-call on yao being tripped i cant rememeber even hearing lebron's name being said by the FSN ohio announcers (who are pretty bad and very homerish) once. the guy did disappear in the later stages of the 4th.

some really bad calls you could say its home cooking, but i dont know about that jumpball call. is it in the rule book that the clock must be reset to at least 5 seconds? the block by rafer looked clean to me actually after he made a great swipe at the ball to cause the jump.

you know i think lebron gets a lot more calls than wade actually, wade will actually drive hard to the basket a lot to get the calls. lebron gets away with travels and discontinued dribbles as he goes in and gets phantom fouls and really late whistles. I hate the notion of "star calls" if a player is so good and is a star there is no reason to give him an added advantage over a regular player in fact logic would say the regular player should get the call to level the playing field.

pretty frustrated at the game, even more so having to listen to the cav announcers, i dont mind listen to other team announcers but not when they are overly homerish i understand a little homerism, but not all homerism (for ex i actually dont mind the timberwolves,indiana,dallas,orlando broadcast teams) tracy played bad, yao played decent which was expected, juwan gave us nothing when on the floor, luther same. and we barely lost due to some lucky shots and some poor officiating

20. DynastySS

DynastySS Member

Any quotes from Yao? Is he ok after the trip?