1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 2/19/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2008.

1. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I will be very impressed if the Rockets win this one.

2. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i won't be angry if we lose this one. it's hard to win on the road in the nba, even if it's a less than full strength cavs team. gooden is back, they are probably well rested, and lebron is still king. 9 in a row on the road will be a huge accomplishment, even if we did play some cupcake teams. the best teams in the league slip every once in a while on the road.

i wonder if there will come a time this season when teams will finally stop gearing their defense towards mcgrady, and he won't have the same impact as he normally would for us if he does not dominate his man one on one... if i was the opponent, i would make him prove to me that he can still be the scorer he used to be with one on one coverage..

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

If we win we tied with Utah or ahead of GSW. Love games like that.

4. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I second white lightning.

I will be VERY impressed if they win the next two. Might have to add to my rockets gear if this happens =]

And I expect these outcomse tonight:

Celtics @ Nuggets : I expect celtics to pull this one out
    Kings @ Blazers : Can't be too safe. Need the blazers to add another loss
    Warriors @ Jazz: I want the Warriors to fall because I'm pretty confident the Jazz has the NW locked (Avoiding star injuries)
    ---
    With that, the rockets can finally take the charge with a W. Let's make it happen T-Mac (seriously, step it up).

5. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

If the rockets are able to pull this one out it will be extremely impressive. King James coming off an All-Star MVP game where he almost had a triple-double will be a beast of epic proportions... Hopefully Shane can keep him in check. We'll need Tracy to be on top of his game and we'll need Rafer to make smart basketball plays... please god no 20 pull up jumpers on the break.

I'll be watching for a Rockets win! LETS GO ROCKETS!!!!!! :cool:

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

utah is 34-19. the three tied teams are 32-20. if golden state and houston wins, we would be tied still with Golden State and still trailing the Jazz...

7. Thurogood

Thurogood Member

Rockets 92
    Cavs 89

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

The Rockets will lock out every one not named LeBron on the Cavs team. Let the MVP kid to score 55 and still lose.

Rockets win 98:89.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Tonite is the nite that the Rockets are finally in a playoffs spot.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

In our prior win over the Cleveland, the Cavs were playing without their power forward tandem, Dwight Gooden and Anderson Varajao, If one or both plays, the Rockets come back to earth in a crash.

11. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

This would be a HUGE win for us.

I truly don't believe this is an overstatement, and here is why:
    a) The Cavs are a quality team, but not a top tier team. While losing to an above average team isn't devestating, beating an above average team shows that even after the break...the streak continues.

b) We need to get off on the right foot. If we lose this game there is a very good chance we will lose to NOH also, and go 2-2 in the first 4 game stretch. Winning this game means we should probably go 3-1 in the first 4, giving ourselves a quick jump on our current bubble competition.

Let's keep the streak alive.

12. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

With the race to the playoff so tight right now, every game is a must-win. Houston stands better chance to win this game, therefore, I am expecting Rox to win!

13. mms

mms Member

I had a bad dream about this game yesterday nite.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I had a dream they won by 40. Of course I also have dreams where I can fly or I'm back in high school and haven't studied for finals, so I'm not predicting them to win by that much. :D

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Rockets demolished the Cavs last year when the Cavs were healthy. Also Tmac was a nonfactor agaisnt the Cavs when we4 beat them this year.

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

we're going undefeated in feb ;)

18. MarcStein2222

MarcStein2222 Member

need some links ;)

19. The Brian

The Brian Member

damn, the game is on nbatv. :mad:

20. jasona88

jasona88 Member

IS there any way to watch this game? Other than having nbatv or fsn houston...