1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/29/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I love the win, but I wanted to see more of T-Mac dunking on Bron.. I hope he is OK and can play the next game..

2. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

Yao will never be a dominant center under JVG. He's got cursed by JVG's Never-Devlop-Any-Player spell.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well, bob718 is one happy individual and $50 richer!

4. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

R's looked like a team tonight. Hopefully, when they play the Bucks next game they can turn it on again!!!!

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Did yo uwatch the game? I watched the beginning of the 3rd quarter and like 8 minutes of the 4th quarter..

Yao missed like 3 shots in a row and turned it over lol. I must have been watching the bad part. I think he was struggling in that part cuz he sat on the bench 12 minutes. But when he came off the bench, he did a good job. If Sura, Wesley, and Barry can make open shots then we're fine.

Tmac was really great.

Yeah and I know Gooden and Howard played against each other..I realized that the first play I started watching when Tmac spinned faked out Newble and did a little finger roll but Gooden came out and stuffed it and I thought it might ahve been goaltending. Yeah they obviously know how to play each other..like Mo and Kenny Thomas did the first game between 76ers and Rockets after the trade.

Let's beat the Bucks

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with the benching? The second unit (Mutombo) was doing well and Yao already had 3 fouls and right when JVG brought him in he commited his 4th but he played solid throughout the game and we won. I like the Mutombo-Yao combo. I think some of you guys care more about Yao's stats than the 'W'

7. clove

clove Contributing Member

I'm worried about that game. Bucks just beat the Bulls, blew us away, and they beat the Magic today. It seems they are getting their game together.

They are also good at rebounding. I fear good rebounding and good shooting teams.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I didn't get to see the game but I noticed that Sura had like 12 assists in the box. Was he driving the ball into the lane or were the shooters just hitting tonight?

9. clove

We were hitting shots tonight. I don't remember Sura driving and dishing a lot. He was passing to guys coming off of screens and we made our shots.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regardless of LeBron being in the game or not. GREAT win for the Rockets on the ROAD against a quality Eastern Conference team.

24 assists and only 8 turnovers. Good!
    And nice to finally see Juwan Howard show up with 17 points!

11. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lebron got 3 points tonight, 0-5 shooting yet the guy on the Fan Feedback kept going on how great Bron is . Imagine if Yao got 3 points the kind of sh*t he would get!

I know Bron got injured tonight, but if the same thing happened to Yao, I'll bet you anything Yao will be called a wimp , a b****... well you get the point. LIFE IS SO FAIR ISN"T IT.....:rolleyes:

12. jopatmc

Not only that, you can bet that if Bron hadn't been injured that the chances are very good the Cavs would have made a more serious run and would have probably pulled this game out. And everybody would be griping because Yao only had 7 boards.

13. clove

Reading some of the posts here and in other thread, you'd think we just lost to another bad team.

We just beat the 2nd best team in the east guys! Let's not whine.

Yeah Lebron is hurt, but we were up by 10 when he got hurt. Tmac was shutting him down anyhow.

14. clove

byebye Juwan :)

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

he had 3 fouls, the Rox had a good flow going while he was resting. No reason for JVG to bring him in and pick up a 4th foul with another quarter to play.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I gotta feeling this Wesley deal is gonna turnout OK. his a Tenacious defender, and once he gets more into the system, he'll score alot more points.

17. jopatmc

Sorry, hate to even bring this up. But, I am wondering if Van Gundy is pulling a power play with Yao because Boki was Yao's friend and Boki protested his minutes. At this point in the Van Gundy era, I cannot put it past him.

18. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I don't mind JVG rest Yao when we were doing well. But don't you think he sat Yao for too long? Actually Cavs did catch up within 3pts. When JVG insert Yao again, he already sat 10+mins including majority of the fourth QT. You have to admit it is very hard to the player to find his rhythm after sitting that long. Tonight they closed off the game because Cavs lost James, but I don't like how JVG utilized his player that way.

19. clove

WOW. The hate for JVG is deep.

JVG would NEVER pull ANY power play with Yao. NEVER. Not if he wants to stay as the head coach.

20. jopatmc

Hate is way too strong a word. I don't hate anybody. I'm just observing the difference between what JVG says and what he does. JVG has beat himself on the chest many times about one of his greatest qualities being loyalty to players. I think he is lying just like he lied when he told Les that he wanted to have an uptempo team. And what evidence do you have that proves he would never pull ANY power play with Yao?

I've got evidence that says he would. See Steve Francis. Francis was the franchise. He was given a max contract, made the focal point of the team and the team was to be built around him and Yao. Now there is no question that Van Gundy pulled a power play with Steve. The only question is HOW MANY TIMES did Van Gundy pull the power play with Steve?