1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/23/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma

Emma Member

Should be an easy one. The Cavs are the most overrated team in the whole NBA history. I will be surprised if the rockets don't blow them out.

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I think the Hornets are more overrated, but just my opinion.

It wont be easy, but it will be a win.

AB, Landry, and RonRon need to have a big game. Our bench needs to destroy their bench while their starters rest.

3. jason2

jason2 Member

BINGO! this will be an easy one, 4th quarter garbage time :) Rox 109 - 82 Cavs

4. beanball75

beanball75 Member

These Cavs aren't the Cavs of yesteryear. They've always played tough D but now they have some shooters who can knock down some open shots to surround LBJ.

Of course I'm rooting for the Rockets, but this is a serious test. The Cavs are demolishing people this year (+13.6 point differential and +17 in the last 10). If we can beat them in their own gym, we're on the road to being truly respected.

5. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

People saying this will be an easy game are insane. Back-to-back and in Cleveland, against a team who hasn't lost at home. I don't care how much rest our starters got during that NJ blowout last night...these Cavs are one of the best defenses in the league, and have the best player in the league in LBJ. Anyone who thinks that is an easy win, especially with our inconsistent and unhealthy Rockets, is crazy.

That being said I think if we play as a team with all of our pieces in motion like they have been the last few games, we are a team that can easily contest the Cavs, and should be able to put an end to this winning streak they have at home. Someone needs to bring these Eastern teams back down from cloud 9....I say it is a good job for the Rockets.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Cavs are 18-0 at home this season. They are playing at a very high level, and most commentators rate them among the top three teams in the NBA. They will try to foul Yao out, they always do. However, for some reason the Cavs do not match up well against the Rockets. Also, Adelman can throw Artest and/or Battier at LBJ. I predict the Rockets will win this one despite the back to back and the frigid weather.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We have owned the Cavs, but I just don't think it will be that way tonight. If the Rockets keep it close they may win....toss up for me.

DD

8. timmy

timmy Member

Agree. Cavs are different this year. LBJ is also better this year, with better supporting cast too. It's gonna be tough.

9. wang69

wang69 Member

i've yet to make a post in the game thread before the game. if they win tonight, i'm gonna start doing it for every game.

what i want to see from the rockets is for them to come out motivated trying to make a statement. it's the 4th game in 5 days but if they fashion themselves as contenders, they need to show some heart and play some competitive basketball against a top team.

10. HCoog

HCoog Member

You cant stop Lebron just contain, my idead keep ron and battier both on him the whole game =D

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Cavs are sooo overated...

Rox: 115

Cavs: 111

12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Make James shoot the jumper. Once he starts driving, collapse on him asap.

13. Landlord Landry

<<<<<<<< WILL BE @ THIS GAME REPPIN HOUSTON!!!

Rockets gonna hand the Cleveland Lebrons their first loss, easily.

the gel is starting to gel.

14. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

15. tinger

tinger Contributing Member

1st page !!

Go Rockets!!

102-93 Rockets win

16. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

The two big things in this game is controling the boards and penetration. Mo Williams can get his own shot and so can Lebron... but who else? I think the Cavs are a pretty good team I mean they are beating the people they are playing and that is all you can ask them to do.

Yao needs to man up this game and just beat Z up. 6 players in double figures we get to 7 I think we can win.

Fierguard.

17. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Rockets-Cavaliers Preview

http://www.nba.com/games/20081223/HOUCLE/preview.html

is this guy serious, 'Houston still has some work to do before it reaches Cleveland's level.' :eek:. The cavs are good but they are not that good, the record is misleading. But tonight the rockets have to prove that they are among the NBA's elite teams.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I guess we will find out, that is why they play the games....if the Rockets win tonight, it will open a lot of NBA eyes.

DD

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

They are over - rated...that's all it is. Everyone thinks they are so dominant bc they have had an easy schedule, have a highlight machine as their superstar.

20. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I'm actually really confident about today's game. I say a 50/50 chance we win. GO ROCKETS! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.