1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 11/1/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2016.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I respectfully disagree. I think the Cavs were just on cruise control. It seemed to me like they were just letting us hang around, and that they knew all they had to do was get one or two stops in a row at the end of the game and it'd be over, since they could score anytime they wanted. I think the closeness of the game was misleading, our defense was really bad most of the game. Again, I'm not upset because it's the Cavs and of course we were going to lose. But I just didn't like what I saw defensively. It's just frustrating because we have weapons offensively.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There really is no proof of that though. It's not like the Rockets played their absolute best game either.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

He leads the league in assists/game (through 1st 4 games) o_O Cant lead the league in assists if all you do is shoot first.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

why not? if the ball is in his hands as much as it is there's no reason he wouldn't

5. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

In a way, you're correct. But my point was that SOMEONE shoots first before a turnover is committed, because the tempo is so fast.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst: It's so interesting to watch the Rockets play. They do sometimes try on defense Zach. They're not just standing there. Jason Concepcion wrote "Nobody is more pleased about the death of Vine than James Harden", which is a great line. The Rockets do try sometimes. You give them one action & they just break down. Forced to switch or rotate, they just break down. Cavs shot 87% in the 4th quarter. They kept running this Kevin Love/LeBron PnR. The Rockets couldn't stop it. It was like a baby with a rattle. You just shake it in front of them & the baby gets distracted & they're gone. The Cavs just did it & didn't break a sweat. They scored like 5 different ways off of it on 5 straight possessions. It was like "Okay, 4 point game with 7 minutes to go, let's take care of these guys." Rockets had a good night last night and the Cavs beat them playing at 70% pace. Cavs are enjoying everyone else paying attention to other teams in the league.

Saying they don't try isn't fair. Harden gets in a defensive stance. Saying he plays no defense isn't accurate. It doesn't take much to confuse them. Run 1 action & they're done. Cavs put that on display last night.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Windhorst is making me even more depressed. What's Chuck Hayes doing these days?

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what I'm saying. Cavs were just cruising and had no problem. The Rockets defense broke down way too easily last night, even if it was the Cavs. We just aren't focused defensively for long enough in the possession.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Fo' shizzle

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

OK

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well done

Os Trigonum likes this.