1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2015.

1. rocketblood713

I dunno ...wouldnt be shocked by either outcome

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Keep on losing

1 person likes this.
  3. AXG

AXG Member

Mediocre team without Lebron? Should be an easy victory, but it's the Rockets, so who knows...

4. omgTHEpotential

Some posts from the Cavs board:

5. rocketsmetalspd

Should be a W but then again team is still in the process of creating chemistry with the new additions. NO time to practice early this month till the later in the month. I hope the team get some Ws in the mean time.

6. acefan18

acefan18 Member

If Howard has a 20-20, or even an 18-10 game, we should win this one. If he puts forth another 13-8 type game we will have another L to freak out about. Smith and Howard are the biggest wild card/X factors in the league. They can take us all the way if they get their acts together, or we can plummet to the bottom of the western conference standing if they continue their sporadic, inconsistent play.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin Love shares the best advice he got from Kevin McHale: &quot;Chase the game and everything else good will chase you ... Chase what you love&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/552895658328600576">January 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Philosophical stuff right there. Maybe McHale should be a professor, or life coach instead of a basketball coach. Not that he's a bad basketball coach.....

Love to Houston 2015 confirmed?

9. NotChandlerParsons

Their names are both Kevin. It's as sure a thing as Love to Los Angeles was.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Pistons are on a 6 game winning streak since waiving Josh Smith, with the latest win against the Spurs. They've more than doubled their W's. Before removing Smith they were 5-23. Now they're 11-23.

Meanwhile we've lost 6 of our last 10. The last game at the 3pt line, D-MO (0-2) & Smith (1-5) combined for 1-7 14% to join Ariza's 1-4.

We went from a team that looked damn near unstoppable to now a team that could barely make the playoffs as 1st round fodder.

I want us to win every game so bad, but I would be surprised if the slide doesn't continue beyond this game. And I'm usually a glass half full kind of guy. Someone talk me from the ledge!

11. JazzLakerHater

We really need to get on a decent winning streak. These back and forth wins and losses are really frustrating. We SHOULD win the next five, but we'll see.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice. Thx

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This piston win streak is a CO INK A DINK!

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Why does any of this matter? All we need to do is make the playoffs, hope we get a good matchup, and go from there. Smith has only played in our last 7 games so the losing 6/10 games stat is irrelevant.

Keep in mind this is ALL without TJones, and with Smith coming off the bench, we are 2-1 with the only loss being a blatant screw job by the refs on the road against the probable NBA Finals team.

Morey probably isn't done wheeling and dealing, and Ariza won't shoot this terribly the rest of the season.

R-E-L-A-X

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Meh. There are 5 teams whose last 10 games SOS is above .600 and most every other team is somewhere closer to .500 or below.

NO is 5-5
    ATL is 9-1
    OKC is 5-5
    SA is 4-6
    HOU is 4-6

These are good to great teams playing tough schedules and struggling a bit(other than ATL). Houston and Atlanta are the only 2 with a positive point differential of the group in the last 10. The win loss results have been sub par, but I don't think we have been playing as bad as the record indicates.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

One of those games usually described as, "just what the doctor ordered." On paper, should be a win. Unfortunately, it won't make up for the bitterness of the Bulls game. It might just reinforce a false sense of team "status." The best to hope for is an early blowout, where more minutes are available for players who need them. Probably depends on how well Kevin Love plays.

17. Lightsnowaction

I feel like Dwight will give it his all in the playoffs. Also once chemistry is at an all time high, both guys will do great.

18. Dr. R

Dr. R Member

Good thing Mozgov isn't playing for Cleveland tonight!!

19. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

First post here, happy to be a part of the Clutchfans community! I've been a diehard Rockets fan since the early 90's, and been reading these forums for years. Finally sacked up and created an account.

I am interested to see how the team chemistry progresses (or doesn't) tonight and hope we get that W!

Let's go Rockets!!!

#100 Dynamo, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  20. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Mavs will destroy the Pistons tonight. The Spurs basically played their second unit against Detroit and had more opportunities to win down the stretch.