1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's possible they win a few here.. But I'm going to be honest... Does it really matter if they can't beat OKC/GSW??? Without looking I think the next couple games are all against teams not doing well, so winning the next few doesn't help the whole winning against teams that are worth a ****.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Knowing the rockets they're only going to have 32 points in the paint and nearly 48 3 point attempts this game.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They better. At Cavs, at Knicks, home for Jazz, at Nets, and at Magic. If they can't win those five(especially with most of those teams missing key players), they can forget about home court in Round 1.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, right, this is what I was referencing for winning... I wonder if home court even makes a difference for this team.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah we they win the next 5 they will still be under the radar which is exactly where they need to be. They shouldn't be playing championship ball until after the all star break sometime. Let these other fools be in panic mode now when it doesn't matter... let other team peak now when it doesn't matter. We need to get hot in April going into May.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I believe they will. Dwight, Harden and Josh Smith are ticked and they will be focused. The coaching staff will be pushing then hard to play better together. The bulls game was perfect. A game that shows them they can play good and still get beat if they don't play completely right. I didn't agree with how the game was officiated either but look at it from that positive angle. I guarantee you that bulls game will help this team.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I will be in the crowd. Face painted red. Hair red. Red everything. WE REPPIN IN COLD ASS CLEVELAND!

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I agree, and I'd love this to be the case. But I have watched this team/franchise enough, and I really don't see it atm. Harden is great don't get me wrong, but the team as a whole has to address some positions. I really think PG play hurts them. We always tend to get rid of PGs before they peak/right as they peak (Dragic/Lowry) are the most recent. But I think later in playoffs that's the spot that's going to hurt, Harden can be the primary ball handler, but it wouldn't hurt to have another player than can pass the ball and not just dribble and shoot.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

With the way they have been experimenting with lineups lately, and not mentioning the lineups they will try once Tjones gets back it feels like this whole season is to get the team playoff ready and not too highly concerned about home court advantage.

10. count_dough-ku

Have you looked at the schedule for April? Shoot, even if the Rockets are playing their best ball of the season, they'll be lucky to go .500 with the murderers row of opponents they've got lined up that month. March ain't much easier, BTW. The time to bolster that record is between now and the All-Star Break.

And let's not forget that every year McHale's coached this team, they've faded badly down the stretch when April rolls around. Maybe that'll be different this year since they have more depth and will hopefully not be as fatigued, but I ain't holding my breath given how it's happened 3 years in a row.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, definitely agree, I don't know what it is but with Toyota center, Rockets teams seem to be better on road during season iirc. Hopefully it'll work that way in playoffs.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm worried about the schedule too, but I'm sure they'll make the playoffs. I just hope they do something this year. My motto since 97 is "next year", hopefully it's this year, 2nd round at this point would be nice.

13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

My fear is Harden being fatigued come playoffs. Given he played in the FIBA world cup before the season started, he's had a massive workload with injuries already this season and he'll no doubt be playing all star week.
    We've all complained about Harden's performance last playoffs against Portland - how will he go later this season given all he's had to carry this season?

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Cavs get back in track ,Rockets lose by 10..all hell will break loose in clutchfans, Twitter shuts down again

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I still remember in 2012 when they lost like 5 in a row I believe, were the #8th seeds if they could win some of those games.

16. count_dough-ku

I'm pretty sure they'll make the playoffs barring some catastrophic injury. But home court is really important with the way the West is so competitive this year. Do we really want this team going on the road against the Clippers or Grizzlies in Round 1? Hell, even Portland won't be an easy out given how well they're playing.

Looking at the schedule between now and the end of March, if they can play well between now and then(I know, this is the Rockets we're talking about, but play along), it's not crazy for them to have 50 or maybe even 51 wins by then.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I gotcha man, home court definitely would be nice with how tough the West is. I keep thinking maybe I've been spoiled with how well I remember the old days, I just want Houston to do something so bad, as I'm sure everyone does.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

No doubt I'd much rather have home court like any team or fan, but if your team is built for the playoffs I don't think it matters. If you win that first away game the home court advantage becomes yours. Of course if this team figures out how to play way before then you get the best of both worlds with home court AND a team that can dominate in the playoffs(hopefully)

19. elainas

elainas Member

Just calm down we have DMo in the post against Love- its gone be easy win

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A must win game for either teams. A good luck for the King James with your title dream in Cav.