1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

he didn't flop. you're only kidding yourself. just stop already.

2. eunhobae

eunhobae New Member

Your crazy hes basically a rookie...let him develop before you analyze his total package. As a starting rookie hes doing pretty well his first year. Also hes had historically great games and is capable of totally dominating games for stretches. During the Spurs game he was able to totally dominate the game without Harden. This proves that he has a high ceiling. I dont think hes even close to an All Star right now and Harden by far is the best player on the team right now, but to say your not excited by this team and him running the point where they are in a solid place to make noise in the playoffs...your just not a true fan.

3. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

this is such a dumb response to EarlIII's post. doesn't even make any sense. then you question whether or not he's a Rocket's fan out of the blue. lmfao

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next...LAKERS

5. mesta

mesta Member

Oh man, Lofs have already taken over the game thread

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Yes, Lin has real potential and is a solid part of the Rockets success this season. I don't recall seeing anything posted by Aleron indicating that he's not excited by this team, or to indicate that he is anything but a true fan.

7. hkomives

hkomives Member

I thought it was Sampson who said TD brings the ball up faster earlier in the season when he was interim.

Big difference.

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Hyperbole aside, it seems to me that Rip's response was a simple counterpoint to EarlIII's assertion that half the fan base are upset by the Rockets success without Dragic or Lowry on the roster. My sense is that there isn't anyone on CF who are upset by our current success at all. I know that I'm having lots of fun watching this exciting young team run and gun.

1 person likes this.
  9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i dont even know what to reply to anymore. i give up lol. i hope rockets fans dont turn out being as delusional as lakers fans.

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I don't think our run and gun had a lot of success when Sampson was coaching.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was positive I guess

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, my head would snap back, as it has many times in my life while playing basketball. But my body doesn't fall five feet back like Lin's did.

Haha I know the feeling man. They won't, once Lin's career with the Rockets is over, the LOF will go with him. Hopefully some of them remain and become true Rockets fans.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He gave an intelligent response to a stupid post. So why don't you go somewhere and laugh yourself silly? And if your ass falls off, don't worry. You'll find it eventually.

1 person likes this.
  14. torocan

torocan Member

What he said exactly is that TD pushes the ball up the floor faster.

That does not mean he runs transition better than Lin, or that he's better on the fast break in terms of PG handling duties. It just means he runs faster when he's dribbling.

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Actually it's the trolls that have taken over near the end. Causing both Lin fans and regular fans to argue while they sit back and enjoy the show.

16. hkomives

hkomives Member

I believed the run and gun started with the blowout of the first Knicks game, Jeremy Lin had a good game.

Then a string of blowouts followed, shooting the Rockets to being the top scoring team in the NBA.

Now with Lin solidly entrenched as starter with major minutes, the run and gun would sure to continue.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Right on

Right on, bro. Did Kidd, parker, Rondo, or Nash do this well in their first year? Did they lead the top offence in the nation? Did they have games with 38 points against some powerhouse teams like Laker last year and Spur this year? Rookies are known to be inconsistent, especially considering Lin had suffered a season ending injury before coming over to Houston, joining a totally new team, new city, new coach and new players. That the Rox is doing so well lately has to do with not just Harden being his superstar self, but that the team plays very well as a team and that coincides with Lin picking up his aggressiveness (probably because his foot is finally healed). Have you LOH gone over the stats of those superstar pgs in their first year to see if all of them did soooo much better than your own pg (assuming you are a true Rocket fan), and that their teams had so much success as the Rox right now in the first season of these superstar pgs?

18. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

Lin will continue to have inconsistent games if he does not increase his shot attempts. He takes so few shots that it is very difficult for him to have a high PPG.

A lot of superstar players are able to hide their bad games (i.e., TO, bad shooting %) because they get a lot of points most of their games as you have mentioned, but not because they are consistent, it is because they usually take a lot of shots to make up for it, e.g., look at Deron Williams, he is still called a superstar because his PPG is 16.6, but does anyone care his FG % is .403. Russell Westbrook is another whose PPG is high, 21.8, but his FG % is only .415 and we all know how he gets his high PPG.

Lin's FG% is higher than both at .435, so if Lin increases his shot attempts, his PPG can easily be 16+ and less so call bad games. Here is another example, some ppl were saying Kyrie Irving torched Lin, lol. You know why ppl think that, it is because he got 30 points but ppl don't mention his 10-24 FGM-A (41.6%) and 8 OT. Lin's was 7-13 (53.8%) with 20 points and 4 TO. Please tell me how Kyrie played better, he took 11 more shots to get 10 more points; Lin could have easily past the 30 points if he wanted to but he stopped shooting in the 4th even though he was hot to allow Harden to take over.

So to me your point is really not valid.

19. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

And before you LOH knock Lin to death for his outside shots, I remember Kidd, Parker and Rondo didn't have an outside shot at all, not to say 3s. These superstar pgs didn't have an outside shot, not to say inconsistent ones. They were just amazing in court vision and great in assists, which Lin is fully capable, but he can also give you those magical 38 pts nights when his outside shots were raining in besides the dishes and the penetrations. Be happy with you you've got and let him develop.

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Is that what you see? Maybe it's all those NFL-like full court passes or dazzling no look passes to cutters which fool everyone or the amazing playmaking from TD that makes you think he runs the break better. Cuz I remember so many awesome TD fast breaks and outlet passes.........