1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

This really wasn't what it is at all. This notion is seriously misunderstood. Every player needs the ball in there hands. If the Rockets upgraded even more at the PF spot he would need the ball as well. The issue was what is happening when he has the ball in his hands. When he has the ball he needs to be running the PNR & he needs to run it consistently (his ideal % is 40+%time which is what it was in NY) that is all. In NY that was never the issue because Carmelo is not great at running the PNR so therefore he & Lin didn't clash even though the media tried to say that they did. With harden, he is a great PNR player. So if Harden is running the PNR what does Lin do? He is ineffective as a spot up shooter & he isn't a good screen setter. That is why the coaches adjusted & they started running the Lin Harden PNR so that they can both be effective together.

2. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Keep up the good work.

You do the same!

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lin does need to learn to play off ball better. By that I mean, 100 made 3's a day with passes coming from all different angles and people jumping at him to keep it close to game conditions. But I'm sure he's doing that already.

In terms of cutting and what not, the coaches designed Harden and Lin to be in opposite sides of the court with Delfino or Parsons in the middle. That corner slot has got to be filled by somebody and guess what, that's Lin. What more could he do? Cut and clog up the lane? Who would he screen, when Asik, PPat, or Parsons already fill that role? That is why it is crucial to swing side to side to involve both players and utilize both playmakers, not just one. One thing I do want to change, is for Lin to get the ball from TD more often when Harden is not in the game and put TD in the corner. I don't get that.

4. raskol

The Lin/Harden pnr is definitely interesting, but they seriously need to add another element to that play as in another screen as they don't roll well. In my memory, Lin either turns the corner and tries to drive in or gets the switch and posts Harden up against the smaller pg, or passes to the opposite corner when help comes from the weak side to help with Harden. As there are no rolls, it does not lead to a roll enough. It is definitely interesting to see how that develops. What I think is more important is the high high pnr way above the 3 pt line. Both our guards are elite when coming down with speed. I would have one of our bigs screen as soon as we cross mid-court every time, thereby simulating a semi-fastbreak. I think that should be our bread n butter.

5. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Thanks, and I'll do my best. :)

6. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Spot on!

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

hehehe Jeremy Lin keeps getting whacked in the Head. Made another Fan video.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Xkts_GEj_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. GIGO

GIGO Member

lol, thanks.

9. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

The guys a hater man. No point arguing with haters even with solid video and picture evidence. He got head butted. Watch the reply on this link

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7504560&postcount=1566

Lin did a good job offensively tonight and did alright on irving. But damn first time I watch irving play and this guy is the next big superstar at the pg position for sure. If he doesn't get injured he's going to be amazing.

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Nice video. It is so clear that lin did not flop.

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Not theory but will give you what I think is the probable fact.

Lin is not a great long jump shooter, although he has been improving in this area. When he makes one or two jumpers at the beginning, he gets confident and starts attacking and playing without hesitating. But when his jumpers are not falling, he starts forcing and hesitating. Once his jump shots get more consistent, Lin can easily be 17+, 8 assists per game type of PG. Also, his D in the last 15 games or so has been very good. Most of the points that opposing PGs managed to get are when other players are guarding them. Lin does not give easy shots that often anymore.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Again, awesome back to back comeback road wins and now its time to head back home, rest a couple of days and..

[​IMG]

13. raskol

I'm watching that Thunders game, and their pnr defense is wicked good. We got to check out how they do it. I can't see how our guards can run the pnr effectively against that defense.

14. manning

manning Member

BEAT L.A.!! love this! lol we have 6 back-to-back games this month...crazy
    but we get off to a good start.4-game winning streak! Rockets rock! :grin:

15. raskol

Actually, the Raptors look really good!

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Raptors are 8-2 last 10 games...their win over us was not accident...

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He may have exaggerated a bit (but with his face mask it seems like it was all kyrie), but there was contact. Good video but I definitely had to put it on silence

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

All he has to do is learn a little defense and he'd be set.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Lin saved us tonight. Kyrie scored at will....... 33.333333% of the time and was only hot for a few scary minutes in the 4th. Before that, Lin carried the team when James Harden struggled.

Lin gets the game ball tonight for me. He brought it tonight all game!

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

As they stand now, Lin's usage rate is 19.4. Douglas' is 19.3 and Harden's 27.0. McHale needs to adjust it.