1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/25/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2012.

1. dacman

dacman Member

2. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

And it will be a home game too in Houston. Let's get them for Harden! Someone going to the game? Make sure you chant that.

3. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Is it me but I just see a lot of sadness in McHale's eyes. Even his smiles seem forced. This must have been a really tough Christmas for him and his family, the first one after losing his daughter. Let's tweet to support him.

4. kent335

kent335 Member

Great game by the Rockets, blowing out the Bulls.

The only thing I wished McHale would have done is pull the starters out with about 6 minutes left instead of 3. Need more rest for a back to back, and Rockets were up about 20 at that point.

5. kent335

kent335 Member

I love the question asked to Jeremy. "What do you love about Shanghai?" HAHA

6. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Mark Jackson: Warriors Don’t Regret Giving Up on Jeremy Lin

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...warriors-dont-regret-giving-up-on-jeremy-lin/

While New York Knicks fans continue to delight in the Linsanity of it all, Golden State Warriors head coach Mark Jackson insists that he’s at peace with the club’s decision to part ways with Jeremy Lin. From CSN Bay Area: “Warriors fans might be bummed that Lin has put two consecutive good games together, but the Warriors as a team are more than happy with backup point guard Nate Robinson — the man who eventually came to replace Lin. The Warriors waived Lin at the start of training camp in order to get as much money off their books as possible so as to make a run at DeAndre Jordan, a restricted free agent center. The Warriors didn’t get Jordan because the Clippers matched the four-year, $42.7 million offer. But in the process, they also lost Lin. ‘It’s a stretch, it’s a stretch,’ Warriors coach Mark Jackson said of those comparing Lin to Robinson. ‘The fact is Jeremy Lin was let go so we could clear money to get DeAndre Jordan. So, it’s not fair to say ‘Why did you go get Nate?’ That had nothing to do with Jeremy Lin. Jeremy Lin is playing great. I wish him nothing but the very best. I hope he continues to play great basketball because in my short time with him, he was class and quality … At the end of the day, Nate Robinson won games for us,’ Jackson said. ‘And it’s not a fair comparison because it’s not either/or. We went and got Nate when Steph (Curry) went down and we needed help at the point guard position.’”

7. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Bulls couldn't win at nothing last night lol
    [​IMG]

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I have a detailed report on that game's thread recording how the Rockets got that win stolen by the Raptors' dirty fouls but unfortunately never got any called.

Check it out.

9. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Forgot to add the video.. Bulls even failed at halftime

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IiMUfxmZO8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

He was wrong.

The Lin/Harden combo at 37.7 PPG is the FIRST and actually has been for a while after Lin's explosive game against the Spurs last time.

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The Lin/Harden power duo has been the First since Lin's PPG was still 10.6.

Now his is 12.0 for the season and 18.75% for the last four games.

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Correction: 18.75 PTS instead of 18.75%.

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

ESPN's Sport Science program has already analyzed Jeremy Lin back in last February.

Lin is as quick as John Wall. He can penetrate and spin like Derrek Rose. And he has as quick a release as Ray Allen when he shoots the ball.

Check it out on YouTube by searching for 'Jeremy Lin Sport Science.'

The first sentence said in this video is 'Jeremy Lin has been overlooked for years.'

He still is, even by a lot of Rockets fans who have not watched Lin play during the Linsanity period.

14. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Fricken Jon Barry said last night that the Rockets backcourt was 2nd in the league, and then later wonders whether Lin can really be a starting PG in the league. I wanted to punch Jon Berry last night.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

great win on the national stage!!!

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Great post game review as the last one, Shuh.

The commentator who has been slashing Lin from game start had to say in the third quarter that 'it looks so easy for them' to score.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

The refs helped a little, but ultimately it's the Rockets own fault that they set a grand total of 2 picks on Calderon, arguably the worst PnR defender in the history of the NBA, through 2.5 quarters. I'd imagine that somebody up the command chain put the coaches on notice after that TOR game, because nothing even remotely close to that disgrace of a coaching job has happened since.

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

geraldd39's Lin highlights. Sorry if already posted:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XCoBC_yq0jk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I agree. They definitely over-used our starters too much and did not play our rookies even we have lots of lead. Especially we have a game next day, that is bad.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

whaa? I am not a lin hater or LOF - I am a Rockets fan but I may say the first two may be true (though I dont believe he can spin as fast as rose in the lane - he may get into the lane as well as rose.

but i cannot for a second believe he has a release as quick as ray allen. if anything I felt lin's release was slow especially on his set shots. Ray has one of the most accurate and quickest releases I have ever seen.