1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/25/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2012.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Please don't make this all about one player.

What we are seeing is a young team with loads of potential clicking in front of our eyes. Sure they're going to stumble at times but what they've shown themselves capable of is nothing short of amazing.

Harden, asik, parsons, Lin all can play at a very high and efficient level. That's just amazing for four starters to be that good so fast.

Morris has been playing phenomenally.

Hell even Patterson has beasted at certain points this year

Motiejunas and jones (and even white if he ever figures it out) are incredibly talented prospects

Morey is one of the top gms if not the best gm in the nba

And the coaching staff that do many have blasted has been doing a wonderful job.

It's a good time to be a rockets fan folks. Look out the next few years. We're gonna make a lot of noise.

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Man of few words. "It's OK." LOL

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I meant "gave an interview"

4. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

the rockets are gooooood. JL n harden the last few games are the best backcourt in the league. i wouldn't want any other. i wouldn't trade them for any other. seriously. harden draws fouls better than anyone in the league. give him the keys and let em plow the tractor down the lane! and there aren't that many players in the league with JL's COURT VISION. he's special, i'm telling you. hate all you want, i watch him play--all his little moves, the way he draws the eyes of defenders and then sneaks a pass in, the way he outlets the ball....his court vision is excellent.

jon barry resisted complimenting JL during linsanity and he resisted with all his might tonight, but jeremy forced him into it. it was like mind rape.

the espn crew is just absolute shyte. REFUSING to talk for one second about the rockets toasting the bulls on their home floor during halftime and post game. i SPIT ON THEM.

5. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

yay great win! lin and asik get most assists and rebounds overall for todays xmas games! can't wait for tmr, i hope parson's okay =( he's really important to our team

6. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Just re-watched the game. Noticed that Omer got JLin's back.

With 7.04 left in the 3rd, N.Robinson got free from JLin on a screen to get a open shot in the lane.

As JLin is bringing the ball, N.Robinson stays in the back court to say something to JLin. Other poster stated is was Mutherf****.

JLin the proceed to back up N.Robinson for a layup.

With 5.23 left, M. Morris steals the ball and N.Robinson undercuts JLin as he's driving for the layup. Fragrant should have be called.

With 3.47 left and JLin on the bench. Omer at the halfcourt line, knocks N. Robinson to the ground on a reach in. No way was Omer thinking he was going to get a steal.

This team is coming together.

7. gah

gah Member

Drop it. Not sure if you're just being sarcastic but D-mo is closer to playing Center than SF. Huge difference.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great win, but wait, what? Parsons got injured? We're really gonna miss him tomorrow.

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I actually didn't get to see the Toronto game. Too early of a game plus where i live, I think League pass forgot to turn on the rockets toronto game for lile 30 minutes, so I went back to sleep. But yea, seeing Lin's low stats, I knew he wasn't part of the game plan. After that 38 point Spurs, Morey had to have been breathing on Mchale and company.

10. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

post of the nigth, reppe!

11. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

post of the nigth, repped...oops quoted the wrong post earlier

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The Harden trade will go down as the moe that turned this franchise around.Be honest noone thought he'll be close to this good. He is probaly top 4 wing player right now with Kobe, LBJ and Durant.

1 person likes this.
  13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

+1, This, yes.

14. split41

split41 Member

Yeah, I hope so too, I think before his shoulder injury was still a problem, and I guess the break gave it some time to heal? :confused:

15. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

If you were referring to the commentator during the broadcast, then that was Jon Barry. This whole deceptively quick thing is so lame, Lin is clearly quick/fast, and not deceptively so, at least to the open-minded.

And Barry kept saying "they keep letting Lin go to his right" or something similar, as if he was the assistant coach for the Bulls. I don't mind hearing that during a broadcast, but to hear it at least four times during one broadcast shows some bias.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

This doesn't surprise me. Big guys always have there PG's back. I remember last year in NY. The Raptors bigs kept on knocking Lin down by setting so Melo responded by making Jose Calderon hit the deck. Tyson Chandler & Jarred Jeffries did the same as well in games where teams were hacking on him.

17. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

That dude is lame. Clearly biased.

18. rockets_fan23

rockets_fan23 New Member

This team is legit. Who do you think we will face in the NBA finals??

19. TimDuncanDonaut

Some reactions from the Bulls forum:

-------------------------------------
    "As a Bulls fan, that was brutal and hurtful."
    "Well that's that. We got Asik and Destroyed."
    "Asik wanted to show-up this team, and he succeeded"

(On Asik)... "We gave up the most sought after commodity in the league, a young 7 foot, relatively athletic and mobile top 5 defensive/rebounding center, and instead spent the money on a backup PF. Which is probably the most replaceable position in the league. Great job FO."

"Then Omer. I got that one wrong, I wanted Taj instead of Omer if we could only have one of the two. Wow has Omer improved. Plus you can't coach that body. Oh well I am not a total idiot. GarPax got that one wrong too."

In fairness Bulls wanted to win it all that year before Rose got injured. If they would have traded Asik, it would have been for cost custting reasons.

"Parsons is legit"
    "Kirk is just not a very good player anymore."
    "i just hate Harden game, his stupid moves that he uses to get to the line, a his acting to make the refs to pull the whistle..."

20. rockets_fan23

rockets_fan23 New Member

Asik and destro!