1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 2/9/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

We lose?

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

No Bogut, no Redd, no Ridnour. If the Rox lose this one expect mayhem in the GARM. I don't expect that to happen, Rox in a blowout, 115-91.

3. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Charlie V. has been on a roll lately and Sessions is beasting it up too so :\

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Everyone was saying gauranteed win against the Wizards, we lost...i look at everyteam like they are capable of beating us any given night regardless of how many injuries they have, I hope the Rockets are seeing this too, I would hope so after dropping so many games to very bad teams. If i was coach I would drill it in their head that they must treat every game like they are playing the Celtics or Lakers.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It is not only that weak teams are *capable* of beating us. They almost beat us 50% of the time. On average, they do BETTER against the Rockets than against anyone else.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

honestly with all the injuries to the bucks (they did play the pistons tough)

the rockets should not lose this game...mcgrady is starting to play with more energy, yao is still playing well.

sadly a lot will hinge on ron plays actually a lot does, sigh..

they should/better win tonight otherwise i am going to start pulling my hair out. no way they are going to do anything in the playoffs if they keep losing to the scrubs of the west and east

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Rockets getting into a groove and keep rolling.

Rockets. That's right Rockets only allow 82 ;)

8. geekSnake

geekSnake Member

rox has suprised us before, o well meh, 140 - 70 rox win

9. daernoth

daernoth Member

There is only one thing you can virtually guarantee... the Bucks are gonna have a hot shooting night. ;)

10. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Vafer should get some more mins in this game, talking bout against buncha of bench warmers :rolleyes:

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yup, i'm staying away for a few days if we lose. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that and we don't have any repeats of the Wizards game.

12. Wachaki

Wachaki Member

No such thing as an easy game with this team :\ anyways hope we win

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

If we lose this game, I'll be giving up on the Rockets for the season... Not really, but I may shed a tear.

Rockets win 112-89

14. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I do believe that we pass up New Orleans in the standings if they lose tonight and we win.

That's always nice.

Move on up.

16. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

look at the schedule this month, if we don't play well enough, we may put us into danger place for the playoff spot

17. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I want to see Wafer play and if Artest is going to pass the ball?

18. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

I was looking at the present playoff seeding if today was the end of the season we would be heading to Portland in the first round (Their the 4 seed).

This worries me...

We have huge issues with athletic teams that play an up tempo game, and although the playoffs are notorious for the "half court games", teams can RUN their way into one playoff round victory. Maybe would be more comfortable playing a Spurs/Hornets/Lakers in the first round just because we match up better. Let the Nuggets and Blazers of the world run out of gas by the later rounds if we were lucky enough to make it that far.

I think as the season progresses into this playoff push the Rockets should make it a definate goal of theirs to work on the transition Defense as well as the overall Defense because having the "Defense of Old" from the JVG years is whats going to push us over the hump in regards to the high flying teams, because we will never match their offense, it just isn't our style of play.

But as for tonight, look for alot of the same you saw against the T-Wolves.
    Down Early but eventually wrap up the game by the end of the Third.

SOLID DEFENSE IS THE KEY!

Rockets-99
    Bucks-87

19. redao

redao Member

It is up to TMAC. If he thinks this is an easy game, we will lose by 10.

prediction: 93:103, Bucks.

20. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

the four bottom teams (griz, rap, pacer, wizard) have beaten us 6 times together this year

there is no ganrateed win this season for the rockets, they better earn it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.