1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2013.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Nope, don't think so.

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Douglas has shut a lot of people up... He's been steady and consistent.

3. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Didn't watch the whole game but looking at the stat sheet, Lin was 0 for 3 from downtown and 3 for 5 otherwise. Are you saying that all five of the non-3's were drives to the basket? :eek:

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

See this frustrates me, I don't care if McHale loves the 3. Lin needs to do what he has to do to get his shooting touch/confidence back. He's had some success with those jumpers and he should be shooting them more often imo.

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

What would I do as a coach...??? Start Tony...

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The problem is when the defender gives Lin a wide open look from 3pter, it's a much easier shot then to drive into them and take a contested mid range shot. If the defender sticks close to Lin, that's when he sometimes does his pump fake, drive to the area around the free throw line and pull up. Being able to hit that wide open 3pt shot will really open up Lin's game imo.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I think Kevin McHale is one hell of a motivator. Half time was no piece of cake I'm sure.
    Props Coach !

8. art

art Member

if the defender is backing off, you just have a running start to attack them
    tony parker and rondo are great at doing this. Hopefully, lin can hit a shot

2pat been balling off the bench. Seem motivated to get the starting spot, but we should ride his hot hand off the bench

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Then, I would not enjoy watching your team play. And IMO your team would lose often and ugly. The reason is I don't believe TD can create or run an offense at all. At all. Harden and role players ain't gonna get anything done. We need multiple threats and stars, especially playmakers. Lin can be that guy, TD can't. We won a lot of games recently and Lin contributed in so many ways so often, but a couple bad games and you'd start tony Douglas over Lin??

I know you don't like Lin but even were Lin not here, TD ain't the answer. I'd bet you'd start Machado over Lin as well.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Looks like our bench really came through, Patrick & Delfino shooting high percentages!! That's all good but again Harden with around 40 minutes on the 1st night of a back-to-back, did we really need him that bad in the 4th?

11. Viola

Viola Member

Everybody were saying Lin is inconsistent. But let's take a look at Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis. When either of 'em was having a bad night, they got the green lights to be a chucker so their stats on the final box-score would look good. There is no CHUCK-MODE in Lin's dictionary. That's what Morey said: Winning play.

12. Luca

Luca Member

Agreed, TD was great for the win today but he is not a PG and cannot run an offense. He is a great shooter and sometimes very streaky.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Check out this quote by Delfino, guess there was some cussing going on in that locker room, ya think?? ;)

14. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Sometimes other teams have no choice but to chuck, for one reason or another.

That's why I love the Rockets. If someone's having an off night, others can step up. Two playmakers and penetrators in Harden and Lin, and there are other decent ballhandlers like Parsons, Delfino, and Douglas. LOL, even Asik can run the fast break (remember his steal and bounce pass to Lin).

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Everything you say about Lin _ you can say about Tony.. Or you saying Tony hasn't helped us win games...??? And are you saying Lin is the only reason the Rockets win games..??? So you think if Tony was starting and Lin was coming off the bench the Rockets would lose every game...??? REALLY...!!!!

And I never said "I don't like Lin". He's a young player and his game is inconsistent he doesnt even have a full NBA season under his belt. He's still relatively a rookie. His lack of outside shooting is hampering his game as well. And McHale doesn't run D'Antoni's offense and apparently Lin isn't as effective offensively unless he's dominating the ball a majority of the time and with Harden on the floor that's not going to happen. I just think Lin would be better coming off the bench because then he wouldn't always be on the floor with Harden and would give him time to get his shooting touch together.

Tony Parker and Steve Nash came off the bench for a few years before they got their game together. But maybe Lin is a better point guard than them...

Just my opinion. Lin is the starter so no need to be offended by what I think.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Houston sometimes had to chuck it. Chucky Brown and Chuck Hayes and Chuck Nevitt it.

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

No brother your not pulling it out of your ass ...it's called thinking... it's one of the more intelligent comments i've read here...it's so easy to knee jerk and it's so hard to consider multiple possibilities and give benefit of the doubt...

someone said : thinking is the hardest job on the earth- that's why so few people involve in it...

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

And Chuck Barkley...

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Mid range 2s are bad shots. If your 3 pt shots aren't falling then drive to the hole. Otherwise take one step back and shoot a 3.

Taking 2s might bring your confidence back, but you're putting your team in jeopardy by doing so.

20. jeddah

jeddah Member

JLin is a legitimate starter..he may have an off-nights but out of the 3 PG's we have, he is the most qualified one. You can't just take the starting job away from him because of that off-night performance..even Kobe had one or two or three...in his career...

And Lin's been playing Off-ball (if not most, at least 40% of the time ) so he is getting there..and I think JLin is not worried about his scores at all..He is much more worried about his assist and how he can create shots for his team mates majority of the time that scoring is probably locked at the back of his mind.

I like Toney since their NY days...He had gone through a lot and I am just happy that he might be able to find a home in Houston soon..But he is not a PG..he really can't run an offensive set...He is a lot effective in free-wheeling offense where he shoots first, think seconds later...that's his game..