1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

You guys are hilarious! Kung fu fighting w/ words.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BwBKjK7Xik0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow what an incredible game! I'm not used to seeing the Rockets win games like this, it's been years..

And what a ****ty third quarter by the Bucks, lol. It was hilarious listening to their commentator b****ing and moaning the whole time.. :grin:

3. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GYrRArwfRA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what a game

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

so much poise for such a young team. :cool:

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

damn the team had expert timing to finish strong :grin:

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Excellent post as always shuh!

The problem is the trolls pretending to be "fans AND haters" that post inflammatory statements causing people to just argue.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I always that Harden is the Akuma of the NBA with his mohawk style and beard. When he wore that grey jersey during Christmas....that's one of Akuma's colors wear.

8. Viola

Viola Member

Shuh, you should find a job in ESPN/NBA.com

9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

What a freaking game!
    So happy Carlos went full GODfino mode on his old team and stared them down, hehe take that suckers. Not just for the sweet revenge but because he helped us crawl out of the 19 point deficit! :p
    Lin with another ugly game! The last 3 games he has gone back to being passive, so again I gotta ask, is it him or coaches still trying out stuff? because I also find it odd how little minutes Greg has gotten after he was beasting :(
    I know Im pulling this out of my ass but Im just gonna assume they are monitoring Lin's minutes/aggressiveness for the tough month ahead. Today he had a semi-off day, tomorrow he SHOULD be on Linsanity mode, if not Im afraid I'll have to send him a very angry tweet, not like he'd care but still :p

P.S. the last 2 or so minutes of garbage time with both teams' benches was some of the funniest basketball I've seen.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Stop blaming it on the coaches :(. He can't shoot and teams playing him to drive.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Winning ugly is still winning. That's the sign of a good team. Harden is a superstar in my book, sample size be damned. Delfino is proving his worth again. TD is shutting up people like me. Good. Great. It means this team is gonna compete this year. A win. Ill take that.

#1451 raskol, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  12. raskol

But that's why he should be playing pg! What would you do as coach, Id run multiple screens for Lin and stop setting him up for the 3 until he gets his stroke back to a an acceptable level. Either way Lin played like doodoo and Harden, Delfino, TD bailed the team out tonight.

#1452 raskol, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol not according to this guy.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It's limiting Lin's game as a pg if he can't hit an open jumper and allows the defense to sag on him. It makes it harder on Harden to score since Lin's man cheat off him to help.

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I'm watching the game right now and god, the commentators cannot credit the Rockets at all.

16. raskol

They were doing that to everyone today. That's Bucks defense right there. But you're right, Lin needs to pull up and bust shots, in or out, everytime yet give him space. I still can't believe we won this game playin half-r****d.

17. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From coffeetime.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gYVNaKhgOIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

somehow, i got the same feeling getting into the halftime break. Lin opening the 3rd Q aggressive that's the sign for me. Heck, even if just stayed on the bench, Rockets are in afterburners already with TD having a lift-off and Del3no commanding the module. Harden is . . . well Harden who just pissed on the bucks.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Maybe it's Bucks normal defense but still pretty normal for teams to leave Lin open to shoot. I'm sure it's on the scouting reports.

I notice Brandon Jennings defense is pretty bad as well. Seems like Lin could get by him easily maybe that's why he gave him so much space :D

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Well, at first no one could really hit any outside shots, that definitely didn't help :( It wasn't until Carlos "Bird" Felfino went off on them and it caught others on the team that was he able to penetrate some.

Superstar, did Lin try any mid-range jumpers today?
    I could only watch bits and pieces and saw him miss 2 three's and get blocked at the rim once, not sure where his other misses were from. He's been hitting some the mid-range jumpers lately coming off a screen but he rarely shoots them :( I really want him to keep shooting those until he gets in that shooting rhythm.