1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/23/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

One step closer to getting rid of Kidd?

malakas likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Some news for Friday:

malakas likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

exactly. WIN-WIN with a Rockets blowout win! Vamos!
    If it's a 30pnt or 40pnt blowout even better.

I want to see 20 wide open corner 3s and even Corey Sewer hitting one 3 after the other.

BigMaloe, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@malakas, regarding the Jabari benching in the last game. Who are the long standing "Bucks vets" that pushed for that in the locker room?

5. malakas

malakas Member

it's a bunch of bullcrap .

Jabari did a mistake by giving a direct quote to the (always clueless, never asking any hard questions) beat writer about what went on in the lockeroom meeting. He violated team rules. But Kidd couldn't punish him himself, and threw the responsibillitiy to the team? :rolleyes:

What can go wrong for a coach to try to turn players against each other? Right?
    Since the last game vs the Rockets I was one of the very few that was open and talking about getting rid of him asap. Now 90% of fans have joined in. Bottom 5 coach, no matter how you think about it there are hardly any good points about him other than development.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@malakas, (if Jabari isn't one of them...) who is the players leader on the Bucks? Don't tell me it's Jason Terry.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Jabari has been one of the vocal leaders ever since he got drafted..but he never earned it. How can he possibly speak up and call others out when he's THE worst defender of those getting more than 25+ minutes and his effort is questionable in d? I don't blame anyone at all for "trashing" him.
    He should never go to the press and "whine" about it though.

Yes Terry is one of the leaders. Jabari is a weird guy. Just the other day he gave a speech infront of the team and said that Giannis getting the All star starter spot, is not an individual accomplishment but a team accompllishment and he's proud and feels like he himself got chosen.
    Now that could be taken the wrong way..even if his intentions are good.
    Imagine if someone, say Bev said it to Harden?

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Interesting insight. Yeah, I guess it is an odd dynamic. And then you add in Kidd.

malakas likes this.
  9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

What did he 'reveal', exactly, that warranted a benching?

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wow. You have really converted to the power of the dark side! Warmly welcome, sis!

D-rock, pippendagimp and malakas like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

12. craguin

craguin Member

Did anyone else notice this exchange between Beasley and Brewer during the start of the 3rd quarter last game?

[​IMG]

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

That's it? Seems harsh... What does it even mean?

Even a dumbass can surmise it wouldn't have been all cheery in that meeting...

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. malakas

malakas Member

it's against team rules to reveal any specific information about players' meetings.
    It means the players accused him of smth. (most likely his d).

If you want to reveal anything don't give a direct quote to a journo. Give it through "anonymous sources". The end. Jabari was at fault, he got "punished" for it by being benched for one game. Big deal what a punishment.

16. jsingles

jsingles Member

Get me some pics of Julia Morales and I'll be happy.

eslate22 likes this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

At least we have Clint back.
    As I recall last time, Giannis was waltzing through the lane to the basket for
    easy layups like he was picking daisies. Their main scoring threat.
    They were bricking J's like a Brewerfest was going on

Hopefully Clint can protect that rim and force them to shoot mostly J's

DonKnock, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Well, last game against the bucks we had a lot of trouble contaning Giannis, and it never ceased to amaze me they couldnĀ“t generate anything else besided the greek Iso`s. It reminded me a little bit about McHale, a very dominant player that he can leverage into more from his team.

malakas and roslolian like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah like the other poster said, honestly the Bucks remind me of Mchale's Rockets. You know there is talent there (Giannis, Parker, Henson, Monroe) but the fit is missing, they really lack consistenly accurate 3 pt scorers, the coach is a "people coach" but lacks solid Xs and Os and the team is underperforming.

To solve their problems the Bucks should trade Giannis to the Rox for Corey Brewer, KJ and a pick. Brewer is a 51 pt scorer and consummate professional who will energize the court whenever he plays, he'll definitely help that team.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

trolling you if we lose