1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/23/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2006.

1. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Join the club. :D

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Tmac doing his Kobe impersonation in the 4th quarter.

3. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Reece Gaines!!!

Anyway, Milwaukee has the Piggly Wiggly Post Game Wrapup after the game, LMAO!!

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

DribbleHooper,

Are you going to update that sig of yours or am I going to have to beat it out of you? ;)

5. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Which part? :p :D

6. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Can we make the playoff? :confused:

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. These last three games have been fantastic. I have tickets to wednesdays game. I can't wait.

Tracy McGrady is absolutely amazing.

Chuck Hayes and Lonny Baxter were absolutely fantastic tonight. I really hope they get to prove they belong in the NBA. Chuck Hayes in particular is impressive to me. His rebounding and all around basketball instincts are fantastic. Luther, Chuck Hayes, JLIII and even Lonny Baxter are starting to make me optimistic. Not only for this season, but I've been concerned that we have too many players leaving next season considering all we have to replace them is a draft pick, an MLE and the veterans minimum. However, now I'm feeling like if we can sign these kids to one or two year deals, we're in good shape next season. Especially if we can add a quality player with the MLE and pick up another solid draft pick. Hell, if we do that, they may be calling us a top 3 team again. :D

8. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

9. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

it's time to have long win track!

10. rvpals

rvpals Member

I'm tired of this Kobe thing. SO what he scored 81 points, someone got to be really selfish and talented to get those points. TMac could have scored 90 points if he takes 40+ shots when he's feeling it.

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I wish I know how to insert an image here. You folks are so lucky to watch the game live but I can only 'enjoy' it through Yahoo sports.

You can go to the gamechannel at yahoo an check the scoring log between 1:24 and 10:00 of 4th quarter, it was a 19-0 run. What a play! :D

12. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Tigermission1,

Any plan to promote your 10-12 men to perhaps, 8-10? :)

13. ebu

ebu Member

roCKETS ARE STARTING TO pieCE IT TOGETHER SLOWLY....and WHEN YAO coMES BAK...ITS GONNA BE A WRAP....ROCKETS TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

14. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Why bother? Rox has to make a miracle run to only make the playoff. Slow down, man, :D

15. YaosArmy

YaosArmy Contributing Member

Drop Swift - Keep Hayes

16. tigermission1

Damn! I knew someone would bring that up.

Alright, 8-10 man it is...but I am watching, so they better keep it up. ;)

17. tigermission1

McGrady torches Bucks again
    Houston tops Milwaukee, 97-80

By Associated Press
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2006

Tracy McGrady scored 41 points, including 14 straight in the fourth quarter, to lead the Houston Rockets to a 97-80victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday night.

Andrew Bogut, who finished with 10 points, hit a short basket to make it 76-75 just over a minute into the fourth before McGrady took over with his personal 14-0 run.
    McGrady hit a pair of 3-pointers, a driving 10-footer, a turnaround fadeaway and two jump shots to give the Rockets a 90-75 lead with 5:21 left.

Houston stretched the run to 19 straight points after a Lonny Baxter free throw and two jumpers by, who else, McGrady. He was pulled with 1:25 left, and the Bucks ended a 9-minute drought with a free throw by Jermaine Jackson.

In one sequence, McGrady, who was 17-of-32 from the field, drove and dished to David Wesley, who missed a 3, but got his own rebound. After Rafer Alston missed another long 3-pointer, Chuck Hayes snagged the rebound and kicked it out to McGrady, who sunk a 3-pointer.

He also had nine rebounds, but was limited in the first half by a pesky Bobby Simmons, who forced him into turnovers and missed shots. McGrady only had 14 points at the half.

McGrady, who had scored 35 and 43 in his two previous games since missing five with severe back spasms, began to take control at the start of the third quarter.

He and Wesley, who finished with 17 points, combined for 14 of the Rockets first 19 points to start the second half, and Houston built a 65-58 lead.

Milwaukee, who was led by Michael Redd's 21 points, tied the score at 67-67 while Houston went more than 3 minutes without a basket.

Simmons had 13 at the half, but only three the rest of the game.

Houston, last in the Western Conference, won two of three on its three-game road trip after a double-overtime victory against the Chicago Bulls and a two-point loss to the Detroit Pistons.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yeah, he was only on pace to have a 28 pt game. What's wrong with the guy.

19. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The beginning of a 10 games winning streak. 9 more to go. GO ROCKETS!!!

20. tigermission1

LOL! Expectations, my friend, raised expectations. McGrady has averaged over 36ppg over the past 8 or 9 games.