1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bobcats 11/11/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

You´re absolutely right. But you have to see that we do have a problem which Adelman hopefully solves.

It seems he started T-Mac on the right path at the end (attacking the basket). But we need an easier flowing offense.

This team should be much much better that what they´re displaying.
    And I´m not whining, I´m criticizing my favorite team for not playing up to their potential.

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i think adelman is still experimenting. you saw the way tmac is used in the first 2 games is COMPLETELY different from the way he has been used teh last 5.

less movement for tmac, more on the ball.

but again, i think he just wants to get the rest of the team on the same page, esp. yao.

tmac will get rolling again as we do better offensively

3. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

POSITIVES:
    Yao was dominant throughout
    TMAC was clutch
    Team perservered
    Adelman made great adjustments (PnR)

NEGATIVES:
    Yao turnovers
    Team shot terribly
    Rox took a bad team too lightly
    Rafer once again got abused by another PG

The thing I liked most about this game was RA's adjustment to free up Yao with the PnR. He saw that the fronting was giving him problems and made a great call. After a couple of easy buckets Yao got right back to his dominating self. Then at the end of the game he put TMAC in a 1-on-1 situation over and over...that my friends is what you call putting your best players in a position to succeed!!

4. chchpuma

chchpuma New Member

The west Player of Week Yao Ming The east Player of Week KG

5. YOF01

YOF01 Member

Huge game by T-Mac. One of the best games this year. What a performance down the stretch! :D :D

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I agree,

how is that disturbing..

someone a bit homophobic :confused:

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Yea he definitely deserves it based on this week, then next it will go to Tmac, and so on and so forth. Tmac and Yao will garner all the season awards and Finals co-mvp! :)

8. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

I can't agree with you anymore. Had T-Mac been in attack mode the whole game instead of hoisting up jumpshots all the time, this game would not have come down to the wire. The Cats should have been put away long before the 4th quarter. When T-Mac is attacking the basket, it opens up his perimeter game and also opens up everything for the whole team.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I agree,

how is that disturbing..

someone a bit homophobic :confused:

*edit* referring to tigermission

10. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

You could make this argument with pretty much ANY TEAM in the NBA. What wins? Good team D, solid rebounding and offensive execution of the game plan.

So, it boils down to who best executes and commits the least turnovers that usually win but, remember that duo we have is dynamic and on nights like this KNOW how to close the deal.

Remember, the Rox are still learning Adelman's system. Come 20 to 30 games further into the season, I think you'll be singing a different tune.

Hey, on some nights it's just about grinding and getting the job done! A win however ugly counts the same. At the end of the year it doesn't matter how you got it done, it's that you GOT IT DONE!

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

no losing streak? i'm a homer too, but lets be realistic. we're not going to win 81 games. or lose one game, win 39 in a row, lose another, and etc. i love luther. i was one of the few posters that wanted to keep luther instead of trading him away. but i do admit, i hate rafer. not as a person, but as a basketball player. always find a way to make me go mad.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rafer Alston should not be in the game at all, but especially in the last few mins. If he is, he has no business shooting the ball. In all fairness to Rafer he did shoot a better % this game at 22% (2 for 9) than he did during the previous two (20%, 1 for 5 and 2 for 10).

13. devin23

devin23 Member

Player of the week is split for both east and west right? If not, i think Dwight or KG might get it. :(

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

"I saw the ball come to me," Yao said. "I said, 'I cannot let this go.' I was in perfect position. I couldn't let this chance slip away.

"We need to train much stronger or I'll get a heart attack or something. This was the closest game of our season, and we'll have more. We have to prepare for that."

You said it Yao. I needed a defilbrator next to me the whole darn game....

Play another 20 games like this and I will be stuck in the emergency ward for cardiac arrest...

15. YourSecretLover

Both Rafer and James has been terrible the last couple of games. However, Rafer played better than James today.

Going into the season I also felt like we didn't improve our PG. I hope Francis can prove me wrong

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At least for me, the ugliest game of the season. I almost turned off the tube 2 or 3 times. The bench simply sucked. Hell, almost everyone sucked, except for Yao and McGrady. I hope they use this as a wakeup call... you can't take for granted that you're going to beat the weaker teams. You are setting yourself up for a fall. Losing to the Bobcats counts the same as losing to Dallas.

Get a clue, guys.

17. devin23

devin23 Member

If he's given a chance.

18. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

LMAO...I know what you mean. I think that Rockets games need to have warnings like roller coasters.

"Individuals who have suffered a heart attack, have heart disease or irregular heart rhythms should not watch Houston Rockets basketball. The rising heart rate in fans with pre-existing heart disease could result in heart attack, irregular heart rhythms and possibly sudden cardiac death."

19. lyffzty

lyffzty New Member

20. YourSecretLover

I'm watching the Cavs right now and their role players are worst than ours

Appreciate what we have, it can have been worse. I feel bad for Lebron