1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bobcats 11/11/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

some of the players should be thanking yao and tracy for giving them wins. i bet the only reason some players are still playing, is becasue we're winning, even if it means barely... *cough* lutha *cough* rafer *cough* i can sense it, first losing streak and francis and even snyder will come along. :cool:

2. porkslope

porkslope Member

there will be no losing streak
    hater

3. paultherad

paultherad Member

whew i'm still shaking

great game!

4. MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee Member

Very well said. Great teams know how to grind out an ugly win. At least we know that until the team can execute Adelman's system, our guys can still do whatever they must to win.

Great job, Yao and T-mac!

5. dwaldman

dwaldman Member

a win's a win, but we can't win against grizz like this. This next game is going to be the real test because they always give yao trouble. If our team is going to prove its different from last year, we're going to need to see bonzi take over against the grizz and possibly we see a little more of scola/hayes small lineup against the grizz.... I think the grizz are one of the real tests for proving this teams flexibility.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

BS that was a foul, Wallace definitely extended his arm into Mcgrady. Even the Bobcats announcers admitted it was a foul after seeing the replay.

Props to T-Mac for taking over in the 4th qtr but when is Adelman going to see the light about his PGs. The fans see the PGs are are a problem, when is Adelman.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yao has awesome game but it was TMAC that attack the basket constantly at the end to get to the line and get the score close to tie. Yao grabbing a crucial offensive rebound was also the key. Rafer makes some huge 3s to stay in the game. It doesn't matter if he has low assist...the ball is going to the 2 superstars' hands and they're supposed to have more assists. James making 2 clutch free throws...but the bench DID NOT shoot well at all. Defense also break down at some point.

8. diddy_1979

diddy_1979 Member

Good win, even I didnot see the live match, I can image it was tough.
    btw, it is hard to follow all talks here, since the connection here is not very good for me from china.

9. Sextuple Double

Just because the Bobcats are usually garbage I won't act like its the apocalypse like so much members here. I don't expect to blow out every team that doesn't make the playoffs. Atlanta's only 2 wins of the season came against Dallas and Phoenix. Nobody here should expect the Bobcats to just roll over and give up the ass. So everyone here just needs to calm the f*** down and STFU. Bobcats are a damn NBA team with some dignity.

There will always be games when you ride the superstars, and other when role players come up big in big moments(Bonzi sparking the late run against Bucks). It's not like we always play like this.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

jon feign's interpretation of our bad offense:

Jonathan,

How come Tracy McGrady isn't playing without the ball like Rick Adelman said he would?

(The Rockets offense has not worked the way Adelman envisioned it. He still hopes to make that happen, but right now, they are going heavily with play calls and pick-and-roll. -- Jonathan)

11. Tornadoofsoul6

By "players" are you talking about Steve Francis :rolleyes:

12. dedong22

dedong22 Member

too many turnovers and poor shooting percentage, lucky to get out with a W

13. Tornadoofsoul6

Oh and I wouldnt mind if I see Kirk Snyder play

14. rox&yaofan

rox&yaofan New Member

Any chance for Yao to get Player of Week?
    3-1 record, best in west this week;
    Average stats: 27.8(PTS), 10.5(REB), 4 (AST), 2.8(BS)
    21, 11, 3, 2
    28, 13, 6, 3
    28, 10, 3, 3
    34, 8, 4, 3

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I just don't understand how Rafer gets so terrified on his little attempted drives to the basket. The floater is an unblockable shot if done correctly. Guys make em over Yao all the time. It doesn't matter how big or strong you are. He's a streetball legend. He's been in the league for a while. What exactly does he work on in the offseason? Would it not be worth it to hire a 'floater' coach like the spurs hired a freethrow coach? Luther and Rafer would become much more valuable if they added this shot. Luther did show some progress with it last year.

I mean, Rafer gets into the paint and the defense knows he's not looking to shoot, so they take away the pass, and he's screwed. He's probably the only starting PG in the league that can't make this shot on a semi-consistent basis. And the guys who can't can at least make layups at the hoop, which we know Rafer can't do.

16. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

Wow, that is very well put. Hopefully the rest of the team can adapt to it well, seeing how Adleman has done with it in the past.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

"I don't think there's a better 1-2 combination ... they might be the best combination since MJ (Michael Jordan) and (Scottie) Pippen - gerald wallace

i love yao and tmac, but until they win like shaq and kobe, c'mon now. but i love the praises

18. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

not exactly the way the rockets wanted the win, but a W is a W. Yao and T-mac had to do a lot of the heavy lifting tonight, so there's some concern that they didn't get some good production out of the other role players at all. But a great offensive foul call in the final seconds, which could have easily gone the other way...and some good clutch free throws by MJ.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yao and mac will alternate. then win co-mvps at the ASG. then win co-MVPs in the finals.

sucks they can't get co-MVPs for reg. season :(

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's an 82 game season. I am sure you're such a perfectionist in your life that you perform at your best at all times. As for the rest of us mere mortals, we take any comeback road win in the NBA and thank our lucky stars.