1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bobcats 1/21/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2013.

1. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

saw this from ESPN. seems nobody has posted yet.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin did a great job guarding Walker in 3rd quarter

I watched a replay of the 3rd quarter on League Pass to find out exactly what Lin did to stop Kemba Walker from scoring for eight minutes in the third quarter.

At about 9:42 in the 3rd quarter, Lin was guarding Walker. He turned his head to yell to Asik. Then Asik came up to the left elbow to help guard Walker but an offensive foul was called on him at 9:45. Since then he has come up once more to help Lin, and during all the other time when Walker had the ball, he would move with Lin to close the lane to the rim. This allowed Lin to better guard Walker and he was not able to score again for the next eight and half minutes until Lin was subbed by Beverly, except for a fast break where he out-ran Lin from back court to the basket for a layup at 4:40 on Taylor's assist.

So in conclusion, Lin has been successfully guarding Walker with Asik's help, even it was just around the paint without coming up but blocking the lane.*

It would be extremely difficult *for any one to guard a quick point guard like Kemba Walker, since he is constantly using screens and sometimes two teammates for consecutive screening at a time. And most of the time the screener like Biyombo was moving and cutting into Lin's lane without getting called. So it was like Lin had to fight two or three players of the opposing team plus the official to get his defensive job done. It would simply be too much to ask of any player in the league no matter how good they are in one-on-one defense.

This was the reason why I have been questioning McHale's capability as a head coach, because it is the head coach's job to come up with a TEAM defense solution. And he has yet be able to do so since the beginning of this season.

3. TTNN

TTNN Member

Hope Lin will do this more and do it early. He will need to learn to take things into his own hand, and can not wait for other people to set it up for him........

4. TTNN

TTNN Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2013/01/22/ZOOM0002MOV-2361802

Today's McHale's interview. It is interesting that a reporter asked him about Jeremy, and McHale was talking like he is young, so he has up and downs....

Well, he had a down game yesterday then. :( Hopefully he would be better tomorrow :)

well, my take of this is that though Jeremy is not bad compare to Beverley, but he got benched, means McHale has a higher expectation with Jeremy than TD and Beverley, Jeremy could do more but he didn't, so he need to go to bench to think about it. :(

I know McHale don't have that much trust in him, but I think Jeremy will improve and earn his trust and respect gradually, anyway it will eventually make him a better player.

call me LOF if you like. ;)

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agree.