1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

BOO THIS MAN

2. Rockness

Rockness Member

It's Hubie - I love stats and cannot stop talking about them - Brown.

For us to win this game:
    A) Early lead by ball movement, getting Parsons & Asik involved, not just Dwight dumping
    B) Attacking the basket, not settling for threes
    C) When Lin comes in, let him create
    D) Get some shots for Daniels to build on the lead
    E) Harden needs to wake up and keep attacking, Parsons needs to do what he do in both halves
    F) Then never let up!!

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Member

I understand how important it is that Harden plays well. Still, I hope they don't make this game about Harden. They being the Rockets.

They need to find out who's playing well & keep feeding them the ball. If that means Jeremy Lin & Asik keep playing that two man game they had going the other night, then that's what they need to do.

If that means they feed the low post, then that's what they need to do.

Don't need Harden trying to get into his groove when everyone else is already in theirs.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Exactly, Harden is still a great distributor. Offensivly I hope he gets some posts ups, he seems to get a good rthym with his mid range step back.

Early focus should be on Howard, want to get Lopez out of the game and into foul trouble early.

If we can take away the second chance points and defend the 3 point line we can win this.

5. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Whenever someone open, give the ball to him to shoot, Harden yes, Daniel Yes, Lin Yes, everybody Yes.... just find the open man, get the easy shot, not the contested shot

6. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Rip that City a new one! Go Rockets!

7. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I hope the Rockets can go on a big run and keep it, but I cannot help but when Dwight was bench, it actually was a positive thing that helped the run because it sped up the pace of the game. Ball moved more. having said that, Dwight is still important but the offense should be more balanced like in gm5, we had different looks.

8. RCPM

RCPM Member

I feel really good this morning! GO ROCKETS!!!

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Very true. In the end, it means taking what's given to us. I firmly believe that we should get Howard going early if they are not doubling him still. Get LMA in early foul-trouble if possible.

We may get 2 quarters with Howard posting up. But if they choose to double him afterwards, the others should get ready for more 3s. Or, bring him up more often for P&Rs.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Beverley needs to hit the wide open corner trey tonight.

12. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

get rebounds, take what they give us (don't force anything), and we win G6

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

really dont have a good feeling about tonight

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tonight's officials: Mike Callahan | Ron Garretson | Bill Kennedy | Mark Ayotte(alt)

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

bill kennedy....

R.I.P rockets it was good while it lasted

16. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

C'mon James

[​IMG]

17. Progs

Progs Member

Lol :grin:

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

9:30?

Brutal. Hate that we keep getting these late games.

19. koalaznbear

koalaznbear Member

Taking individual players out of the equation, what I've been seeing big picture is the following:

• Rockets 3 point shots are not falling in as much as Portland's
    • We're staying in it because of second chance opportunities from offensive rebounds
    • Rockets turn it over more than Portland, and share/move the ball less
    • While Houston has more points in the paint, Portland has been more efficient at driving the ball

What this tells me is that as long as we make the extra pass to find the open 3 point shot, we should regress to the mean and knock down a few more per game. We've been shooting the 3 poorly and that makes it easy for Portland to double team or collapse in the lanes. Troy Daniels has a hot hand and Chandler has been doing better too. It's now Harden's turn to turn on and we'll be able do what Portland has been doing, but better.

Officiating was an issue, but it shouldn't be an excuse. Play to score and not to draw fouls, and don't let any leads get us comfortable. Let's win it by 15 points.

20. Rockness

Rockness Member

That's not bad at all, though it seems to not really matter at this point who we got, they are all nuts!

I just hope this means if we make it to game 7, we won't get any of the big RIGGING referees like Foster, Mauer and them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.