1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Have never been this nervous about a Rockets game in such a long time. Not even game 6 of last year had me feeling this way. Really hoping we can bring the series back to Houston.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Nervous too...definetely no clutchfans for me during the game.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patrick Beverley full participant in today's shootaround. Says feeling much better, fever finally gone.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/statuses/462302600142917632">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Rockness

Rockness Member

You are sick, I was just about to post this. Great news!!

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Expect to see Damian Lilliard's numbers go down. Bev has played him pretty well when healthy.

7. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

The only thing we're missing at this point is Harden. Right now we've been playing with him playing terrible on both sides of the court... and look how close the games have still been. If he steps it up on offense we're gonna take this series.

Unfortunately, we've been saying that after every game. Hopefully now is the time!

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I always say that the Rockets just need to play smart. By that i mean value every possession and don't take any possession for granted...such as taking a quick 3 or turnover the ball. It was Lin that screwed up game 3 and 4 and we almost ended up losing both games. He got bailed out by a rookie in game 3. If you're smart, you would have burned as time off the clock as possible in those games and we would have won them. If you're smart, you don't goaltend like Howard did in every single game. If you're smart, you should ever worry about Lopez shooting a 10footer let alone getting pump fake out of your shoes and allow him to drive to the hoop (i am talking to Howard here). If you're smart, you would try to attack the basket knowing the other team is in foul trouble and you're down by a few points.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why not give Garcia a chance to guard Matthews and or Battum? Come on..... Rox probably could have gotten some blowout wins that way this series.

10. Rockness

Rockness Member

Not gonna happen, McHale has forgotten that Garcia can actually defend..

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Garcia isn't that great of a defender unless he's guarding Durant. Though honestly Chandler's defense has been so bad might as well through Garcia out there and see what he can do.

12. Rockness

Rockness Member

I can see why but i don't understand their bench depth, it's not deep at all..

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Tonight Harden sets the narrative. This could be his redemption game, maybe he draws inspiration from KD, maybe he finally breaks through the defense, or maybe he just has an amazing shooting affair. Regardless, he needs to pick his spots well, see his shots go down, and then get the rest of the team involved. The Rockets somehow managed to win 2 games in this series with Harden getting as many points as shots on lackluster FG percentages. I don't think they can do that again. They need the efficient Harden, the elite Harden, they need the Beard. If Harden doesn't show, I don't Dwight and the role players will have enough steam behind them to take it. Elite players, winners, they want the ball when it's all on the line. Your role players get you wins at home, they get you those gutsy shots here and there, but the elites, well they get you wins in a do or die situation. Harden is a superstar, and he has it in him to play at an elite level. I hope he does tonight.

14. stupidog

stupidog Member

+1, Agreed, and well said!

15. gambingo

gambingo Member

Redemption game for Harden, 40pts/10rebounds/10asts/4steals/2blocks. We win 115-110.

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Harden has to show up tonight. It's a win or loss situation.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Or we might come out firing being down 3-2 and playing away much like OKC

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm calling it 10 steals!

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I love that everyone is picking Portland

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Even more reason for rockets to win. One thing I will agree on...is that LA will not have foul trouble again and will probably get at least 20pts. SO please...play harddddddddd go rockets please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.