1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/28/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

2. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

I agree with the fact that it is ridiculous that we are on nba tv. This is the second time in 5 games, and houston is one of the biggest markets. Also with the amount of people in China watching Yao, we should be on the networks

3. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I'm hoping for an early blowout to take the crowd and the refs out of the game. The refs will do everything they can to stem any runs by us. If I were the Blazers, anytime we start to score consecutively, I would take it to the rim and jack up a shot. They WILL get a call.

#83 Visagial, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. tomclarence

tomclarence Member

I really really hope Houston can win this game...

5. MONON

MONON Member

We need to close out the Blazers ASAP. The longer this series goes, the bigger chance for disaster to happen.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

We have to close them out...for two reasons...1) to gain confidence and prove we can close 2) get that 1st round monkey off our back...

Go Rockets!!!

7. fly_ming

fly_ming Member

BEAT BLAZER!

8. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

People in here need to stop predicting easy wins and blowouts by the Rockets, you are dumb or just ignorant, its going to be a battle once again, I just hope they have their minds straight.

9. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Yea of course, easier said than done, I think they have a better chance of stopping LaMucus instead. Refs will be key if they let the game be physical or not. Scola and Landry have to continue hitting those jumpers

10. ROCKETSRULES

ROCKETSRULES Member

It's not going to be easy, it will be a tough tough match ever for both teams, Hope the rockets can stay with blazers, and win in the 4th quater. :)

11. ROCKETSRULES

ROCKETSRULES Member

exactly :)

12. Cbox

Cbox Member

Please no heartburn endings, Rockets. Just blow them out.

13. Asian Sensation

Closing out a team in the playoffs is extremely difficult. It's going to be an extra tough task tonight in Portland. We need to treat this as if it's game 7.

14. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

This is almost a must-win for Rockets. If we lose tonight, we will give Portland alot of confidence. All they will have to do is win 1 game in Houston and its over for us. There is no way we can beat this team on their home court in a game 7. Though we have won both games in Houston, they were down to wire games where one play could have won them the game. We have to close this thing out in Portland, TODAY.

GO ROCKETS!!!

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

End this stupid series against these cry babies today. Win big so we can show these kids how's da boss!

16. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

This game is going to be intense. I'm expecting the refs continue to limit the abuse on Yao. If they were told to start calling fouls (most likely) on all the pushing when Yao is in the post, why would they change all of the sudden?

17. ThaShark316_28

Rockets win, 99-89.

Rockets win series, 4-1.

18. choujie

choujie Member

After complaining by Portland, I expect Portlan come out be aggressive to the basket and getting calls early on. A couple of foul calls will make Rockets players hesitate on defense. The score will be higher for Portland than previous two games if that's how the game is being officiated.

To win this game, Artest can't shoot 5/20 nights anymore. Scola needs to hit open jumpers like he did in regular season. Brooks needs to dribble much less. More importantly, Yao needs to get the ball.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the rockets are +5.5 points tonight which seems on par with what the lines were set at for the first two games of the series.

20. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

I have good news:
    LaMarcus Aldridge has a left elbow strain (but is still expected to play), and Brandon Roy has the flu (or flu like symptoms??) and didn't practice on Monday. Let's hope they suck lol. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.