1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It seems every game...a single point is so crucial to the final outcome. The Howard technical that shouldn't have been called giving them a FT and the missed FT by Harden on the defensive 3 seconds. We might have just won the game outright in regulation if either of those things went in our favor.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It wouldn't be a miracle if we play smart. If we don't have players that make stupid plays like Lin not taking care of the ball which is the most basic basketball and he failed to do that.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just wish the real James Harden would show up.

4. rocketming77

rocketming77 Member

shame on you. you are not a fan.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Imagine if the Blazers did not sign Robin Lopez, or Mo Williams.

Or if we just kept Aaron Brooks. I just realized the only reason I thought he was great last year was because Lin was utter crap in comparison.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Did you happen to catch the OKC Memphis game 4? anything about that stand out to you? How about the player who made the hussle play and the shot at the end of regulation for Portland? Game 6 of last year's nba finals at the end? Do you watch basketball at all?

7. rocketming77

rocketming77 Member

what you see is what you get. he plays zero defense. he fumbles the ball alot when pressure is on. it is what it is. harden would've been better off being a 3rd option as a thunder. making him a man of the city was our biggest mistake.

i guarantee harden will get us nowhere. we need another star who can be our real #1.

8. Andrew Wiggins

I don't blame him. This series has been exhausting for Rockets fans. We needed one of these "50/50" games. Health comes first.

9. GTIMKV

GTIMKV New Member

Best post so far.

Yes Lin made a rookie mistake late in the game, but mind you it did not cost our game. We did force overtime but failed to prevail.

It's painful to watch when Parsons and Harden throw the ball away carelessly in back to back fastbreaks late in the 4th. If we score in one of the two possessions, we would have won in regulation.

The fact that we were dragged to 3 OTs says a lot. Many of these games shouldn't have come to the final minutes.

10. Clarinetmonster

Truth.

11. torocan

torocan Member

You can do that for ONE game, you can't do that the entire series. The Role players carried us in game 3. That's our One. To expect more than that is to not hold the Stars to a high enough standard.

12. Surfguy

I care too much and stress out too much watching late live action. I have my own system on how I watch on my DVR late in games which usually involves rewinding/watching just after it aired live...so I can fast forward through the bad plays. I start to break stuff when we get behind so... . But, at this point, I was just exhausted by the end of regulation. I was only watching the score. The last update I got we were down 7 or 9 late in OT...I knew it was over so I didn't want to rewind to watch it because it would only make me fume.

But, I've been a fan since '79 or '80. My heart can't take all the stress and my blood pressure skyrockets.

And, of course, I did not sleep at all last night due to this game. So, it's wrecking me man. Not a fan? I wish.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Jeremy's turnover cause a lot of pain and suffering. I don't know what to say...that's the whole series down the drain right there. The whole season is ruined. Your career is ruined...there is no way to turn around. There is ONLY one way to heal this....win all 3 games and you must play a crucial role because nobody is going to forget this. You suck!! You're a disgrace to all Asian basketball...you don't make anybody proud...Yao is the ONLY one that make people of Asian proud and Yao never failed to disappoint....how can you be so disappointed. It's not just this game, the previous game as well. You screwed up TWICE only to be redeem the prevous game because of a rookie making the 3. I guess there is a point where i can just say...man you ain't good enough.

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I find it hilarious a majority of people here are blaming Lin for losing us game 4. Yes, he did a boneheaded play but let's not forget that we let the Blazers go on like a 11-3 run late in the 4th quarter. Lin's play was the tipping point.

15. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Obviously Harden is still out of shape to play both ends

16. Surfguy

My only issue with Lin at this point, besides he's so inconsistent, is just how much money we are paying that guy and his hit against the cap. He's not worth the money. I would like him better at about $5 mill a season.

17. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lillard 25/8 in 40 min. Way over his season avg.

Bev 11/1 in 40 min., where's the elite defender, shooting 33% from 3

Parson in the 4th Quarter and OT

Game 1=1-8

Game 2 = 2=7

Game 3 =1-5

Game 4 = 0-3

18. yummyhawtsauce

Agree with all your points, but fans will always just point to the most recent thing that happens, especially any topic on Lin. Lin did mess up, not saying he didn't. But they lost as a team.

Where was PNR? Where was defensive intensity? Only dwight showed up with huge blocks. Coaching is bad. Running ISO with dwight and harden? okay. honestly, the body language int he 4th was so bad, it looked like everyone gave up...man these rockets...i think dwight is the only player that showed up in these series

19. Andrew Wiggins

Howard stepped up and so did Harden. He drove and didn't get the foul a few times (make up for falling down/flopping whatever) but he still scored for us and he found the open man. Howard got stops when we needed it.

You have to say when the game is on the line and the score is tied, nothing else matters. What you do next--that's what matters.

20. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I find it hilarious how much you are downplaying how terrible of a play Lin made. We had a 2 point lead and had just rebounded the ball with 33 seconds left, if
    Lin doesn't make that turnover we get a chance to increase our lead and at the very least run the clock down to around 10 seconds. Instead his turnover led to them getting a wide open 3.