1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Parsons played just as bad defense down the stretch. He rolled out the red carpet for Batum on several plays.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We leave so many bad things in playoffs to solve.

Bad defense is no secret.

McFail bad coaching is no secret.

Role players sucks is no secret.

We didn't solve any one problem.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

After watching other playoff teams play, I agree with everyone calling out our coach as being terrible. Other teams run screens, pick n rolls etc while our team plays hero ball every possession. We're never going to make a deep playoff push or contend for a championship unless we get a better coach or get the players to play as a team.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Only Jeremy Lin could shoot 36% and have multiple boneheaded game changing plays and have someone say he's played well.

5. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

In 10 years people will look back at the rockets not resigning Goron Dragic like they do the Mavs not resigning Steve Nash.

6. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

More excuses for bev again

On defense we were switching on every pnr, so he wasn't needed in OT

We needed more shooters on offense, I would have put in Garcia

7. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

So dragic is going to become a 2 time mvp and never make it to the finals too

Just so you know, the mavs won a championship without nash

8. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Mchale should have called a timeout for Lin knowing that he will make a stupid mistake. :)

9. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Very true :)

10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Are you SERIOUS ? Really....We must win all 3 remaining games. When you only have 1 win, in order to get to 4, you must win ALL games...the2 at home AND the 1 in Portland.

11. Andrew Wiggins

Man, watching the highlights for the ec playoffs right now. It looks like a regular season game in brooklyn. We are playing a completely different brand of basketball and we would sweep either of these teams.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think (well, know, given his/her pro-Lin agenda) that what he/she is trying to say is that Harden lost us the first two games at home, so that's where the blame should lie.

13. calcium

calcium Member

Not that I'm picky or anything :)

Cut and pasting from
    http://www.nba.com/games/20140427/HOUPOR/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:serieshubs:top:modtop

Hope the formatting dont gret screwed up too much.

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS BA PTS

P. Beverley 36:56 2-7 0-4 2-2 -7 1 0 1 1 4 0 2 0 0 6

J. Lin 21:21 1-6 0-2 2-2 0 2 3 5 4 2 0 3 0 1 4

Maybe you exaggerate a smidgen there, no?

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

wait, WHO played well in 3 of 4 games? Lin? No. He had a decent OT in Game 1 (after some stupid 4th quarter plays), and made a good pass after a loose ball in Game 3. Other than that, he's either been rather invisible or sickeningly boneheaded. But played well? No no no.

15. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Only if Mchale could figure things out on both losses at home and still 1 game from them like we did in game 3, we would be up 3-1. We are capable of beating them. The games were so close. I really hate being down 3-1 but I still have hopes redemption, especially Lin with his dinner of his costly mistakes.

16. CometsWin

Uh, the Rockets reported he was ill. It's a fact. Garcia can't guard Lillard. Put the crack pipe down.

17. CometsWin

Pretty sure 2-7 with 6 points is outshooting and outsourcing 1-6 with 4 points.

Think about it, you're welcome.

18. Dementium

Dementium Member

I am a Lin fan and I am not going to defend him. The turnover was horrendous and a brain fart by him.

I just think we still aren't out yet. Down 1-3 we have our backs to the wall. But it ain't over yet.

It's in every dramatic movie script ever. The good guys (Rockets) face the evil onslaught by the bad guys (cue Refs and Blazers), and just somehow, at the end of the day always seem to come through (cue 3-0 next three games).

I think Lin will redeem himself in the remaining three games, and Houston will go on a fairytale run to win it all this year.

Time we really act like fans and not stop believing in the team. If being a fan was just about the good times, sport would never be quite so special.

19. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Stupid auto correction on my phone.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

If Dwight doesn't miss that dunk and Asik doesn't miss that easy layup, we wouldn't be upset right now