1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not me. I can easily hate him for making horrible plays 3 games in a row. The intentional foul in Game 2 when we were down only 3 with 30 seconds left. That cost us any realistic shot we had at forcing OT. The blown layup in Game 3. That allowed the Blazers to force OT. We had that game wrapped up in regulation. And tonight, another blown play with 50 seconds left. Yes, Mo Williams was out of bounds. But Lin screwed up before the refs did by not calling a TO when he got that rebound. Again it let to an OT period that never should've happened.

Did other Rockets players screw up tonight? Yes. Dwight had a couple turnovers in OT. We had a ton of missed free throws. James was dreadful down the stretch. So was Parsons. Bev's defense was mediocre. But those are just players not playing well and making mistakes in the flow of the game that even the best in the league are guilty of from time to time. Lin is making inexcusable boneheaded decisions that are taking games that are either winnable or should already be clinched and literally handing them to the Blazers. You can't survive very long in the playoffs with guys like that on your team.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Since it opened? What was it called when it "opened"?

3. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Stop letting him off the hook

Parsons has been garbage in the 4th and OT in every game this series

4. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

AGAIN! :grin: I HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Watch the replay, he did...refs didn't acknowledge it...or Mo Williams' foot being out of bounds.

6. count_dough-ku

And this is Troy Daniels' first anything in the NBA, yet he seems to be responding just fine. Oh and let's not forget that Damian Lillard is playing in his first postseason. Doesn't seem to be bothering him.

7. Solaris

Solaris Member

Why so sad? Pretty sure now McHale will be fired after this season.

8. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I'm done with Lin. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt. I tried to be reasonable and civil with criticism of his play. The truth of the matter is, he's not the player we thought he was, and he'll never be. He'll be good, sometimes decent, but after 4 ****ing games I've seen enough. Linsanity was insanity for a reason. I was insane enough to believe that he'd do more good than bad in this playoff series for us. I hope he doesn't get any time for game 5. Troy Daniels has more than proven that he's ready for playing time.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin very upset after gm: &quot;It shouldn't have been in overtime in the first place. I should have held on to the ball &amp; called timeout.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/460655485411393536">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Ditty

Ditty Member

I predict Rockets will win next game, and wouldn't be surprised if it was a blowout. I believe Portland will win game six nail biter though to close out the series.

11. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Sad part is we depend on a backup role player because 3 or 4 starters are trash at the end of games

12. calcium

calcium Member

Actually, you'd think the Lin fans would be here after July 2012 and maybe the early to mid 2013.

It's unlikely a 2014 draftee would be here cos of Lin cos he was not as impressive in 2012/2013 as in the bits he played during the 2011/2012 season.

Just saying.

13. count_dough-ku

I think it all starts from the top. McHale is a horrible coach who hasn't instilled any sort of offensive or defensive system for this team. Believe me, even an average coach could get this team to win 55+ games next season. A really good one could have them competing for the top seed in the West. It's the same situation the Clippers had with Del Negro a year ago, although at least he'd coached a team to the 2nd round before.

14. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Hope he gets mad, I don't understand why he doesn't destroy MO Williams on offense, MO can't stay in front of him

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

McHale could have also called the timeout, but as usual he's standing on the sidelines looking like a clueless moron.

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

1. The ref didn't call you, a missed call doesn't excuse a bad play.

2. Beverly didn't turn it over with a lead in 2 back to back games.

3. My argument is that this game should never have gone to overtime. We had a lead, his mistakes cost us the lead.

4. The team was LOSING when Beverly had the ball, when Lin had the ball. WE WERE ****ING WINNING! If that turnover doesn't happen we still need to score to get to double overtime. Lin had the ball in the last minutes of two games with a ****ing lead.

5. The timeout..you do know the player can call a time-out on the floor?

6. Get a life? You and I are posting at the same time, yet you think I need a life because I am attacking your dream boat? Since you Lin fans are so brainded I need to state again...I critisise every player on the team when it is accurate to do so.

7. I assume my hand is fractured after that Beverly turnover based on how angry I was at the final parts of overtime.

8. Beverly was in that situation why? Because Lin turned it over. Daniels hit a game winning 3...why? Because Lin ****ed up when we had the lead.

9. two back to back games Lin has cost us a regulation win by braindead plays. When Beverly turns it over with a lead, with under a minute left in 2 back to back games...then reply to me ****er.

10. Yeah the refs ****ed us, HOWEVER...WE HAD A LEAD WITH UNDER A MINUTE IN REGULATION!

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

What I've learned from this incredible series:
    1. LMA is allowed to do whatever he wants..push off, hip check...no matter what
    2. Dwight has to absorb three to four HARD bumps in the paint w/o a foul...let this be LMA and tell me how quick the whistle blows.
    3. We have ZERO defense..Batum unimpeded to the basket, no perimeter D either
    4. Worms Lopez, despite being one ugly beanpole....outhustles for rb..helps when you can come over the back.
    5. Rockets aren't going to the floor for a 50/50 ball (Bev exception)..they'll bury Harden upright.
    6. Lin couldn't make a layup for all the tea in China. For a Harvard man, he's not very smart.
    7.Refs have been erroneously informed that you can't review a play in the last 2 minutes.
    8.See #7..they will go back to it at a time that they can break the Rockets back
    9.NO LEAD is safe....lackadaisical play when you have a chance to put the game away.
    10. Only Rockets foul...not Portland. Their fans are HUGE whiners. Therefore, ALL fouls by Rockets should be "no doubters" ...get your MONEY's worth iykwim.

18. Andrew Wiggins

In the history of the NBA, 145 teams have played a game 1 at home and ended up facing a 3-1 series deficit. Only 2 have ever won games 5, 6, and 7 to advance.

Thats a 99% failure rate.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

This seems most likely. The Rockets will lose on the road and will lose with honor.

20. yunac010

yunac010 Member

THIS. Why can't McHale actually do something useful for once? You'd think after last game where Harden got the rebound and just went off instead of calling a timeout McHale would realize this team is absolutely clueless in late game situations.