1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

The only thing he did wrong on that play was to not dunk it. He was wide open and it was a great chance to extend the lead to 5.

2. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

nice, real nice :rolleyes:

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Liar. lol.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank goodness we got the win. Harden was back like we need him. His shot wasn't falling as much as usual, but he was in his rhythm which helped the team, and he got his teammate shots in the flow of the game last night.

Harden also made some clutch shots with all the pressure on him. That's a huge plus. Probably the best thing about Harden I heard was when the ESPN reporter said Harden told her how bad he'd been in the previous two games. It seemed like Harden was too defensive about his poor games, and that worried me about his entire future.

Harden and Howard on the PnR was in full effect, and that's fantastic for the Rockets.

The thing is Chandler was off in games 2 and 3, Harden hasn't been on in any of the games even though he was better in game 3. We can still improve which is good

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

Seriously...He knew he could blow by Lillard and had only one big to beat to ice the game. He missed a shot guys...as did everyone else throughout the game. Asik had at least 2 - 1 foot misses and Parsons missed a dunk for cryin' out loud.

6. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Take into consideration of the poor peformances by this team, people should see the difference of this two teams. Blazers should not be ranked top 6 in the WC.

7. dsid411

dsid411 Member

This was one of those games where you wake up the next morning and quickly check NBA.com to make sure it was all real.

1 person likes this.
  8. jscmedia

Troy Daniels has ice water in his veins.

9. novaman

novaman Member

Not sure I'd say McHale exactly stuck with him, Parsons had fouled out and he had to go to his bench

10. jscmedia

This is the biggest jerk off comment on this thread.

11. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

The one thing I can say from this series thus far:
    Thank goodness for Dwight Howard. Defending LMA down the stretch really well, nailing those free throws and coming up with some huge boards. Dude is a defensive anchor/stud and we are so lucky to have him.

12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I re-watched the video and you are wrong, parsons was racing back since he was at the 3pt line when lin shot it, sure better transition d would have had everyone covered because aldridge was still at half court even then lin was not in the picture, but if you re watch youll see mo williams and batum were both open, that would never happend in half court set plain and simple.....that play was the stupidest play ive seen him make and my god hes made a ton...i actually like how lin played yesterday and would like to see more of that but the stupid careless plays have to stop

13. jscmedia

U so WRONG !

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bingo.

Dwight has been Magic Dwight this series. Our team isn't built like Orlando's squad as they are missing an adequate stretch four, but my oh my has he been worth the max.

I will keep echoing my sentiments, but law of averages suggest that Harden will explode eventually. If it is game four, than Portland is in big big trouble.

15. yummyhawtsauce

Woke up still feeling happy about win. Then ready clutchfans. Did we lose? lol Was it a dream?

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

so you're telling me if i presented 2 options
    1) Jeremy Lin wide open lay up with 45 seconds left
    or
    2) James Harden chuck with about 25 seconds left on the clock

you'd actually take option 2?

17. jscmedia

This is what Clutch City is all about.
    I have never read so many negative comments about your own team.
    Disgraceful to say the least.

As for me and my house, we bleed Rockets Red Win or Lose.
    And when we tie this thing up Sunday night try keeping your negative crap down and smile while you jump back on board the Rockets Express !

McHale has been vilified and spit on by people.

He made the Game Changes that resulted in this Victory !

Hats off to Coach ! Go Rockets !

1 person likes this.
  18. Clarinetmonster

Wow guys - this harping on Lin is unbelievable - He and Daniels saved the game from Harden's ugly turnover. He made the right plays - just didn't execute the layup, crap happens. Great team win.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This!
    You would think we lost with all the crying and hating of our players going on. It seems some people on here just have to have something to complain about

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Do people around here now how to do math?? That lay-up would not have iced the game. it would've been a 5 pt lead with 48 seconds left. Far from over. Even if the Blazers took 18 seconds to score the ball, it would still be a one possession game, and they'd get the ball back.

Would the Rockets have been in a great position? yes....but up 5 with 48 seconds left and the other team having the ball is far from having the game iced.