1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. torocan

torocan Member

Bad misses are results in themselves. If you're going to say a missed lay up led to a 3 and a 5 point swing, then you'd have to apply the same logic to every shot that the team misses, and looking down the box score that's a LOT of misses.

Let's put it this way, if Lin had missed and the Blazers had missed, would you then say that Lin's miss led to the Blazers miss? Think about that... that's how much sense that argument makes.

That lay up is high percentage shot that just happened to not go in. Bad clock management? Sure. Bad shot in itself? Not even close.

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You know, looking back over everything I think my true favorite play of the game wasn't even that Daniels 3. My favorite play of the game was Beverley skying to spike that potentially game-breaking rebound out of LMA's hands on that last play. That was spectacular.

3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Ohh and here are some things i wanna see changed for game 4 and the rest of the playoffs

1. Dwight and asik are going too far up the court on the pick and roll defense,eventhough our 4 would help on aldrigde when this happend, it opend up alot of free space in the paint...especially dwight on this note cuz atheltically he should be able to recover quite easily

2. Know who your guarding, and know how the game is being played...dont switch harden on lilliard ever again, i dont want to see asik on the court unless aldridge is in there..

3. STAY AGGRESIVE....i want to see more of cp driving, but to win these games we need to drive it down the throat of the defense and freakin take it....

4.Play through your stars....That 15 foot pick and roll was basically unstoppable, Dwight has been an absolute beast here no1 on this team can guard him

5. Keep playing with heart, confidence, and belief ....

4. adobo

adobo Member

I'm really happy that we are back in this series. That win really has put me in a good mood. I hope everyone feels the same :)

5. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Really you make zero sense here, that missed layup caused us to be in transition defense with lin still on the ground, thats why no1 picked up datum ofcourse that miss led to the open 3

6. conquistador#11

exactly all those plays in overtime were just as huge. what we saw in overtime was what made those 90s teams so likable and a joy to watch, teamwork.
    Instead, we've let lofs or lohs get into our heads and made things personal ,that we can't enjoy the clutchness of the guys that were on the floor in O.T.

7. krouchchocolate

1 game at a time rockets!

8. steady

steady Member

Can we just appreciate Patrick Beverley for a moment? That tip over LMA at the end; the incredible effort in the 1st Quarter when he basically willed the Rockets to a good start.

He was quieter at the end of the game, but the Rockets do not win this game without Patrick Beverley.

9. adobo

adobo Member

Let it go. We won, so it doesnt matter.

This has become worse than when Harden went for that 3 ball shot in game 1 at OT with 13 seconds to go and we actually lost that. I just hope we don't have videos every game that shows every mistake that our players make. That would peeve me to bits.

10. Stats

Stats Member

I don't understand why Lin's miss = error that led to overtime and everyone else missing through out the entire game = normal course of bball.

Lin's miss is poor execution on a high probability shot, which happens. It's not like he heat checked from the 3-point line.

Your argument that it led to a 3 on the other side is not 100% causal. Look at 1:46. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cLdOtrMtE
    That was crappy transition defense from the rockets. It was 4 v 4 and not like 3 v 1.

The argument you could've made was Lin should've run down the clock. But different coaches will tell you different things, since we were only up 3.

11. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

the same could be said about many of Harden's 23 misses that led to Portland points throughout the game.

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

So true !

13. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

These are two teams that match up very closely (hence the 3 tight games so far) It is not reasonable to expect blow outs from either team. This is why its the playoffs.

14. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

The refs gifted DL the and1. There was not foul on that play. He just flopped.

15. torocan

torocan Member

It wasn't transition defense. Look at the actual video. NONE of the team had run up with Lin. 4 of our guys were already back and set. 4 of Portland's players were in the half court when they shot a pull up 3 in Harden's grill. It was nowhere near a 5 on 4 break. They walked it up into the half court and did a pull up jumper.

The player that was on Lin was still back at half-court. If they don't do a walk up 3 early in the clock, Lin is easily back in position to defend by the time their 5th man gets back.

16. naesoon

naesoon Member

Let's be happy they won and move onto the next game. There's too much negativity here after a win. It's Saturday, go out and enjoy your weekend!

17. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Error is the wrong term imo. A little bias by our fearless leader, Clutch.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Lin holds the ball or makes the lay up in that moment of the game then the outcome changes. Different types of missed shots leads to different types of reactions offensively by the other team depending on the rhythm a missed shot puts the other team in to score. Yes we won but Lin choked and showed up big in different crucial moments of the game. Lin needs to play smarter and calmer at times and not get too out of control to where he is doing reckless things.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mo Williams flopped on that 4 point play as well.

20. calcium

calcium Member

I hope if we do win this series, the 8 man rotation wont come back to haunt us.

Anybody know what's the story behind the 8 man thing?

All the other teams have at least a 9 man rotation.