1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/21/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Yeah Right! Gameface :mad:

2. Tuan

Tuan Member

Charles just picked the Rockets! He even said Yao was a great player and that his only flaw was that he couldnt stay healthy.

Shocking comments from the Chuckster. :D

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

suddenly charles barkley is singing our tune ha

I think he just jinxed us, I would rather have Chuck hating on us as usual.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

come on rockets.

rock out with your c*ck out!!!!

even if you lose try your hardest...... ;)

5. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

We have to get greedy. We can't be like the Mavs were. Yao is gonna be fronted from the absolute tip off of the game. We have got to run our plays for the 4 other starters. Use Yao for his rebounding and setting screens. We kept increasing our lead because we kept running our offense in G1 even after Yao got his 4th foul. More importantly, lets say refs absolutely screw Yao with 3 quick fouls, we know can still run our offense and defend them with Deke in the game. That was another great revealing thing about Game 1, this series will allow Deke to get some serious minutes. He can rebound and defend still with Yao out. We should only use Chuck if Aldridge goes off. Aaron has to be just as aggressive. I think if he isn't making his jumpshots, bring in Lowry earlier. It's gonna have to be the other players. Artest has to stay disiciplined. I hope we pull it out.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

What Chuck said is no good. I rather Chuck says he's going to kiss the ass again if Yao can lead the Rockets pass the Blazers. :D

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't understand why can't the Rockets just pass the ball to Yao when he first post up without having to go through all the screening?? I am talking about when he run up the court and he's moving to post up and then the guards always ignore him even though it's always ALWAYS there for them to pass. But they choose to swing the ball around and having someone screen Yao's man and Yao screening his man,you now going through all the bullshyt. Why do they do that?? Because if you do that...Blazers know it's Yao time and they start fronting! Why not just pass to him in the very first time he post up when nobody is fronting him...i swear he was open. WHY??

Why not mix it up and stop doing screening all the time. Giving up too much clues. Pass Yao the ball the very first time he post up when nobody is fronting him.

I hope Aaron Brooks keep attacking the basket when they front Yao because they worry too much Yao that i am sure the lane is wide open.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We didn't really need their offense in game 1 because Rockets had built such a huge lead. This is scary Wafer and Landry and Lowry haven't even score much.

9. wedge

wedge Member

10. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

expect some blazer defence this game

11. ibm

ibm Member

“That first game was definitely a fluke, when you win by 30 points in the playoffs,” Artest said. “They just had to get used to playing in the playoffs, and they’ll play better. That team is a very good team.”

i'm glad to hear ron say this.

12. ibm

ibm Member

“When we do get offense from non-Yao sources, we usually win, and when we don’t get offense from non-Yao sources, we usually lose,” Shane Battier said. “When you double, you always leave something open. You can’t take away everything on a basketball floor, especially when you double on a pick-and-roll or post-up situation. The main thing in offense is to exploit the holes.”

and battier can a darn good coach one day if he wants to.

13. Yuancheng

Yuancheng Member

http://www.hoopchina.com/tv/cctv5.html

if you have any problem get contract with me

14. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Damn! I'm just licking my chops at your tickets! Sorry... :)

15. iku

iku Member

off topic
    lol r u from vancouver?
    "rock out with your c*ck out!!!!"
    thats exactly what britney spears said when she ended her concert.
    i heard her concert was really really bad or something

---------------------------------------------------------
    GO ROCKETS!
    blow them out again :) i'll be right infront of my tv at 7pm SHARP!

16. burman

burman New Member

cctv 5 from china
    they broadcast almost every rockets games

17. Benny

Benny Member

i got a bad feeling

18. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

If we win 2 in portland, this serise is over. get them swept, let's go Rockets. :D

19. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Lets do it again.. Crush them apart!

20. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I have a dumb question---Is this game being played in Portland?? In the past- did home court change when the opponent won the first game in opponent home court?? Reference Utah in '98- the evil forces of Utah-we beat then in their home court in the first game- did the series return to Houston??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.