1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/21/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Man, if we can get this game, we have a great chance to finish this series off in 5 games, possibly 4. Huge game though, we can't get blown out or anything, but I think this game will come down to the last few possessions.

2. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

We will be good if Ron knows his role like he did in Game 1 and AB continues applying that pressure, and don't live by the 3

3. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

I'm not sure if it has been posted already, but is there a link to watch NBA games online more specifically Rockets games?

Help a brotha out!

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If we come out in the first quarter like we did in Game 1, and establish ourselves early, the Blazers might not have the confidence to come back on us. Keep the offense running through Yao because that will force the Blazers to react. This is going to be an intense game, where I think the Blazers will try and hit us in the mouth. We are a more physical team than them though, and I don't think they would have the stones to match us if we just grind away at them all game long.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

http://www.atdhe.net/

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They typically show the games on like channel 18 or something like that, one of the channels that has shopathome or local access channels.

7. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Im hoping for a repeat of Game 1. I couldnt have scripted a better outcome. Blowouts are hard to come by in the playoffs, so this game will likely be closer. I couldnt be more proud of how we played on Saturday night, it was really impressive to watch. I think our confidence will be sky high and the blazers will be rattled. If we can jump out to even a small lead on Tuesday, i believe the blazers psyche will be that of "here we go again." I just dont see the blazers beating us, at all. I have tickets to games 3 and 4, cant wait. Lets take game 2!

Rockets 97
    Blazers 88

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

miss Cleo told me the same thing.....

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Just about every NBA fan around the world knows fronting is coming on Yao. We better not see what appears to be panic/confusion by the Rockets when this happens. They've had plenty of practice time to work on this. If they can beat the fronting, I think the Rockets will go on and sweep this series.

10. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Colin Herd on ESPN radio just said on his show that Houston is the only team that can beat the Lakers, otherwise, everyone, including the Cavs will get rolled.

I believe it. We are the NBA's only hope to ruin ABC/Stern's Finals.

11. TimRox

TimRox Member

i am not too greedy but i have strong feeling that we will win by 10 or more.

go rox go!!

12. ThaShark316_28

For Portland to stay in this series, they have to beat us convincingly. A 95-91 win won't help...

For us...if our boys come out and just get a W...this could be a quick series.

13. TheBigAristotle

As long as we can hold off them Arabs, I think we can win the game.

14. hmittal

hmittal Member

The key in this series is how the Rockets react when the Blazers front Yao consistently, because I'm sure that is coming in Game 2. It did not look promising in the 3rd quarter when the rockets could not get the ball into Yao and (Artest and Co.) started shooting 3s, sure they made them this game but that doesnt mean the 3s will go in the next game. I dont see why they cant just lob the ball into a 7 foot 6 center who has good hands. It doesnt make any sense, especially since the Blazers dont really have an answer for Yao. Yao should have had more than 9 shots against the blazers in game 1, considering he was perfect from the field and the free throw line. I jokingly said to my buddy that Yao would end up with 24 points at the end of the game, sure enough he couldnt score after the 1st half. Adelman needs to change that for sure over the next games.

15. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

They are going to front and / or double Yao the whole game. Also expect them to be extra physical on him as well in order to tire him out. This should open up a lot of opportunities for Ronron and the rest our our scorers.

16. hmittal

hmittal Member

Prediction for Game 2 90-83 rockets. Scola and Yao will carry the offense.

17. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

This will be closer and a lot more physical but the rockets should pull it off. 91-86.

Keys to the Game:

1. The perimeter players will have to take advantage of all the extra pressure they are sure to put on Yao. That means high percentage shots and forcing fouls by driving to the bucket.

2. Yao will have to punish them every time they don't double him by taking the ball to the hole or making quick shots. This will force them to pick their poison.

3. Everybody plays hard D all game long to discourage the Blazers youngsters and prevent any runs.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This is only if you have Comcast. It's on My20 (to make it easier for those that don't).

19. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

SWEEP TIME!

20. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

If I had made my 3 keys to the game, these would be them...very well put. GO ROCKETS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.