1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/21/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

Win then finish at home :D

2. lz56

lz56 Member

i am seeing this game could be the toughest one in this series. just hang on, the pressure will crush the young blazers before it come down to the rockets.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Rockets will need to weather the storm the first 8 minutes.

And the Rockets will need Landry to step up.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be surprised is Portland does not come back at us hard. Either way the game should be much closer. If it's not, than Portland is doing it wrong.

5. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

i know the blazers are going be coming out looking really different and i won't be suprise to see more fronting..even though i want us to win sooo bad! i think we're gonna lose this game though..but i'm still pulling for my rockets!!

6. Humer

Humer Member

You know, this is what I thought our strategy would be for game 1. I was sure that the Blazers would come out all fired up and get up by 10-15 and then we would start reeling them back in to win the game. I was shocked that we dominated the game so easily.

This next game won't be so easy. I doubt we'll be hitting our shots to the extent and they will try to shut down Yao as they did in the 2nd half. Hopefully the team has been practicing some adjustments to account for this. We'll have to depend on our D a lot more on this one - that might lead to some of our players in foul trouble. I see it a lot closer than the last one. But in the end, I do believe that we win - by 5. Although I wouldn't mind another Cook sighting in the 4th since we're blowing them out again!! :D

Sadly I get more stressed when we get up big in the first half and have to try to protect a lead than when we keep it close!

-Humer

7. Power

Power Member

the rockets gotta win this one to be in the 2nd round easily.

go rox !!!

8. cshen

cshen Member

i expect a bounce back from the blazers.

please proof me wrong.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

- The Rockets need to keep their trademark defensive intensity and get these young Blazers out of their shooting rhythm. If these young Blazers see the light, they'll be shooting light out. Don't let the Blazers have confidence.
    - The Blazers are poor defensive team, I just don't see how they can adjust if they couldn't do it the whole season, except the Rockets let them get into their offensive rhythm and crank up their defensive intensity.
    - Make the Blazers miserable at the offensive end and the Rockets will get the win.

10. ads10112

ads10112 Member

NEED HELP!!!

I'm living in College Station and don't get NBA TV. I see the astros are on FSN, so what is the best way to watch the game? Does not matter if its Online or maybe the game is being brodcasted in college station and I just am missing it. Thanks for any help.

11. TmacIsBack

TmacIsBack Member

rockets win 94-86...artest drops 28 on portland

12. TmacIsBack

TmacIsBack Member

channel 4 shows the game

13. ads10112

ads10112 Member

channel 4 in Houston? Or channel 4 in college station?

14. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Blazers adjustment to Yao in game 2? - flop everytime Yao touches the ball on offense - certain to draw at least 2 offensive fouls over the course of a game.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I expect our bench will make a big contribution to this game. Actually, they didn't play very well in the 1st game.

16. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

Jeff Van Gundy's prediction is at horizon.

Confidence is the key. The Blazers will ignite with their hopes for revenge.

Feed Yao and hope our role players play like they did on Saturday.

We will be victorious. :)

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

This will be a tough one. If they Rockets can stay focused and play with purpose, they should be ok. Need to jump out to an early lead and keep it. Hope we can continue the hot shooting. If all goes well:

Rockets 98
    Blazers 85

18. TmacIsBack

TmacIsBack Member

sorry channel 4 in houston its like ktxh

19. ads10112

ads10112 Member

Yeah that screws me. Hopefully somone will stream it.

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Some keys for Tuesday:

-Keep the pressure on Aldridge and Roy force someone else to try and beat our defense.

-Endure their run, we haven't seen Portland's best yet, I'm guessing we should see it in the first half of this game

-Be physical with them, on paper they look like a good match-up for us. But what became clear Saturday night is that at every position (except PG maybe) we have the strength advantage. Play to this and force them to grind it out against us. In short, no layups.

-How long can Yao be perfect for the playoffs? Get him the ball early an often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.