1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/18/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

well they havent been there in 5 years i wish rockets fans make toyota centers roof come off!!!!!

2. tracyli2

tracyli2 Member

I am a Roc fans from China,and this is my first reply on the clutch. In a word about this series, Artest's poor shot selection could not be larger even before in this series. Just becase he always want to retrieve the team only by himself,while he is lack of that capability.What a pity!

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

4 real I can't focus on anything else mainly school work

4. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

Bring it!! Let's go ROCKETS!!

All we need to do is steal one of the first two road games.

ROCKETS IN 6!

5. engr chris

engr chris Member

Im so pump up. We can do this!

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:( I'm going to miss the first game! I'll be DVRing it.....but damnit.

I have to drive down to Houston with my gf, to have dinner with her brother and his fiance.

And then on Saturday to a crawfish boil and drunkfest. (although I might sneak on the tv while there).

7. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Rockets 101 Blazers 92

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

most of our fans except the red rowdies and maybe 40% are real fans
    60% are business people and families....the nice seats in the lower lvl are really unaffordable and those are the seats that the business ppl / rich families get, and they tend to "leave early" for traffic reason? i do not know, but everytime i go to the game, i call out the ppl that leave, why would u pay so much to go to a game late and leave early? what is this, work? god dang it, we should have real fans only and no children, like really little kids, they are just there. . . to be there . . . heck if they know who von wafer is, who brian cook is, what fronting is, heck if they care who wins the game...that's how our fans are so bad and boring, because most is famliies and they leave and they dont get loud...

10. bcast89

bcast89 Member

this is so true! i was talking to a friend earlier about this issue. it bothered me when i would watch games only to see maybe half the people in attendance cheer. i watch teams like the hawks, magic, etc. and they have way louder crowds. i can say for a fact that, if we were a more raucous crowd, we'd be darn near unbeatable at home.

11. Danielgom1984

Danielgom1984 New Member

hey guys this is my first post happy to b here i think the roc are goin to win game 1 n win the series in 6 go rockets......

12. t-mak

t-mak Member

rocket win game 1. finish them off in 6!

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

does anyone know if my20 is covering all the rockets' playoff games like last year??

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

They had a "playoff rally" yesterday... spoiler warning for demotivating pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 1individual

1individual Member

It's sad we don't have home court advantage. But playing in Portland is different for us. I think we will once at their home and win all at our home. :p

16. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

We must win at least 1 game on the road the first 2 game portland :) :p

17. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Some of our foe's funny wishful thinking on Artest:

“The best guy the Blazers have to guard Artest is Artest.”
    “If he decides to go into Kobe mode, the Blazers could sweep.”
    “Hopefully Artest shoots the Rockets out of the series.”
    “C’mon Ron-Ron, put your team and monkey on your back and win the games from beyond the arc like a man!”
    “I am not afraid of Crazy Pills offensively, but his defense on BRoy is very solid.”
    "Big Ifs ... If they can get Ron Artest to think its his job to take over the game and force a bunch of bad shots; ... "

18. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

I just made these for this year's playoffs. I made one last year for the Jazz series. These are a take on this year's campaign. Some favorite Rockets moments to remember why this is the best time of year.

Enjoy. Go Rox.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rocketsqtc

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1tf28qahCo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1tf28qahCo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfhhBN9L8Sg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfhhBN9L8Sg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASxTyFlLYso&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASxTyFlLYso&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

19. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

20. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

This is the best first round match up, HCA or no HCA. This is a young team that has problems with us. We finally have some we can bully.

Rockets should beat this team based on these Keys:

Keys:
    1, Yao is dominant and holds his ground in the post
    2. Artest plays really smart basketball and make great shot selections
    3. Have multiple plays to beat the fronting defense on Yao
    4. Our 3 Point shooter hit them at a high clip
    5. Shut down Roy and Aldridge
    6. Attack the rim as the stronger team, be aggresive and slow down tempo
    7. Play defense for 48 mns
    8. Have Mental toughness in PORTLAND

Rox win in 6!

Thread Status: