1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/18/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I know this is irrevelant but last year we sweped the blazers 4-0 and this year we are 2-1. Thats 6-1 over the past 7 games we played them. They were missing guys and we were missing Yao. There is no reason we can sweep the blazers. Hope the Jazz give the lakers a 7 game series. We should be rested and ready to go.

2. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

hmmm its goin to be a tough game, hopefully we get some momentum and take game 1. hopefully we dont let roy beat us, cause to tell the truth, roy is slowly rising to kobe-like coldblooded killerdom.

we need to play w/ urgency, play smart, play w/ passion. this is the playoffs, win or go home! :D

3. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

we will win in 6

Has anyone bought tickets for games 3/4/6 ?????

4. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I know this rocket team is not the 95 team. But the Rockets have beaten an up and coming team before. (4-0 Orlando Magic) Obviously we don't have 2 hall of fame players but I do think we can sweep.

5. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Rockets are a soft team...2nd round exit unfortunately. As evidenced by the game at dallas!

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Whoever wins the 1st game, wins the series

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i have a feeling we're going to see the Yao from the first half of the mavs game, but this time for the WHOLE game... i think we're gonna shock them this first game...

8. YugoRocketsFan

Like the Nuggets vs the Spurs 2 years ago?

9. TimRox

TimRox Member

we are gonna win this series for sure. Look at the numbers for the past few years, this is the most favourable matchup for us.

rox in 4. no upset no surprise no game-winning jimmy

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Portland makes a statement with game 1 and curbstomps the Rockets by 15+.

... I'll leave my dramatic comeback prediction for the game 2 thread! ;)

11. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

I hope the game 1 we will be like clubbing baby seals against them :D Go Rockets, go Yao beat the fronting defense!!

12. Egghead

Egghead Member

Rockets 90
    Portland 108

13. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Keep in mind that the goal here should be to steal one of these first 2 road games. Not the end of the world if we lose Game 1.

14. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

People say that Rose Garden is tough to play in......We've had worse, Utah is impossible to win in so we should be fine ;)

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

obviously we need to win at least 1 of 2 in portland. maybe 2 in portland?

16. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

The wild cards in this series are Brooks and Artest. They must play well for us to win. Their play late in the season hasn't been very encouraging, so they have to find their rhythm in game 1. We're going to need EFFICIENT scoring from these guys.

Also, Yao, Scola, and Landry must rebound on misses. The Blazers are the best offensive rebounding team in the league. I can see Deke getting some minutes at the 5 to match up with Oden for a few minutes, but that may not happen because Chuck's got to get some minutes at the 4 to defend Aldridge and Deke and Chuck on the floor at the same time is a disaster on the offensive end of the court. If Yao gets in early foul trouble though, Deke will be the guy we turn to and I expect him to play well.

I'm actually not worried about Roy so much. Battier and Artest have held him in check for the most part. I'm most worried about the Blazers bench. Fernandez and Outlaw can score from all over the court. Wafer's defense will be tested.

#76 jVgOwnsYou, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  17. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we could easily get upset in this series 4-2 or 4-3, especially if we go on these scoring droughts.

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Will the game be on CCTV5???

Anyway.... we will walk ALL over Portland. It's going to be e-z'er than Paris Hilton. These Portland kids will be like a deer stuck in the headlights. IT's OVER!!!!

20. The Brian

The Brian Member

i don't get how we can lose.

we will beat down this portland team, easily.

only chance they have is if they are shooting lights out for entire games.

our defense will limit roy as we've done all year. we should win in 5 or 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.