1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/18/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Will be nice. Portland is a very good home-team but we have won some games.

We will really miss T-Mac in Rose Garden. He used to play big in this building.

I just hope Ron won't go crazy and we will be able to SCORE (we've had problems with that)

2. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

i don't think you can overstate the important of our players and coaches experience, both as veterans in the league and playoff experience.

i expect the blazers to be overwhelmed and make a lot of mistakes in this series.

rockets win game 1 and the blazers have to stew over the loss for the next 3 days.

nate mcmillan - 16 playoff games coached
    rick adelman - 144 playoff games coached

blazers - average age 24.8
    rockets - average age 28.1

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

always run the offense thru yao, artest stops chucking shots and penetrates/post up, battier locks down roy, scola defends aldridges midrange jumper, start lowry. do all this and we win this game, and the series too.

go rockets!

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

anyone who thinks well lose to pronland is a masochist. weve got this in the bag. enjoy, dont fret.

5. teampunjabi

teampunjabi Member

Yeah if theres one thing I am excited to see about the Blazers its that crowd noise..its gonna be SO loud there.

6. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Rox in 6. Let's steal game 1 and take care of our house.

Flying back for all the home games. Get Red, get Rowdy. Let's go Rox.

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Lets hope they don't play Aldridge at C too much, or else we will be seeing the high PnR all game long.

8. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Although it was very disappointing to lose to the final game and all that came with it, playing Portland might be our best shot of breaking the playoff drought. The only thing that prevented the Rockets from sweeping the season series from Portland this year was Brandon Roys last second shot. Im confident that the Rockets can win 1 game in Portland, maybe 2. I have tickets to games 3 and 4 and Im looking forward to them. Hopefully the Rockets can put that bad loss to Dallas behind them and focus on the trailblazers.

GET RED!

Rockets in 6

9. jaybiddyforeal

we so got this. they cant matchup with us. pryzbilla and oden are in for big trouble.

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this series will be won by defense and experience. we are better than portland in both of those categories. rockets in 6.

11. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

89-82 Rox on the way to a series win in 6 games.
    no matter how negative everyone is today about the rockets and their chances, this team has been something to be proud of since tmac went down,
    they have freaking played their arses off.
    win or lose, this has been a great season. ok, it won't be great unless they win round 1, but its at least been a really good season. 50 wins and 1 win from the sw division title, not bad.

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Rockets come out pissed off and blow Portland out :D

13. yl042557

yl042557 Member

Rockets will sweep them.

14. ebu

ebu Member

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm hoping Aaron Brooks gets amped about playing in his stomping grounds and actually balls.

I'm still pissed about yesterday, but I guess it's not so bad to open up with a PG like Blake when your two guys really have no playoff experience, as opposed to Kidd/Billups/Parker/CP3/D-Will.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeahhh! no holds barred! no more flopping Luis and like Olivia Newton John said, "lets get physical" and show these kids it's MAN GAME B****!

17. Cotovelo_

Cotovelo_ Member

Rockets 96-88 Blazers 1-0 in the series

18. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Yet he remain clueless at times. He's spineless, slow to react to situations and not much of strategist. He need to grow some balls and yank player out if he not running the plays esp. when Yao is fronting. But that will never happen. Offense will remain stagnant esp. pressured and result in bad shot, TO or clock expire. RA drive me nut :mad:
    If we don't steal one of the game, it'll be over fast.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

For all of this talk about preferring to play Portland, I worry about their home court advantage, Brandon Roy and general length. Every team in the playoffs presents challenges, but I think everybody is overestimating how much coaching and experience will help the Rockets. I think the Trailblazers will win game one.

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Steal home court and win game 1!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.