1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 12/20/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2006.

1. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

WHY WHY WHY... Why the Rox can NOT get of this ''curse''. We really cannot win without T-MAC?! :(

2. david_chen

david_chen Member

What's wrong with that Luther head guy? Keep making bad shots in last few minutes? It's yao that should take those shots!!! :mad:

3. rocketsmetalspd

Same old game Yao plays great Rockets loose anyways. This deal with T-Mac sucks and I really hope the Rockets get someone who the team can count on. This guy will not be 100% no matter how hard I wish him to be.

4. zilches

zilches Member

So, how many victories against Western teams thus far? 2? Dallas and Memphis? There must be one more that i'm forgetting.

5. rocketsinsider

our backcourt shot a combined 14-43 thats where we lost the game.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I've been a big Battier fan, but he dissapointed me big time in this game. When we're struggling to score point offensively, he needs to start stepping up. 2 points in 37 minutes? WTH is that? His lack of involvement is making Rafer and Luther have to carry more of the offense, and we're simply not going to be an effective offensive team with those two dominating the ball.

What a sickening game.

7. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Man!!!! I am fuming!!!! I hate losses like this.... Damn it!!

I know I just posted.

8. enigmatic

enigmatic Member

The worse situation, the less player JVG will believe. I'm not trying to blame JVG but his lack of diversity is really bad to this team. I dont see VSpan, Novak play since T-Mac injury.

9. blender

blender Member

Very disappointing loss. This is a game we should've definitely won even without T-Mac. We had our chances but couldn't step up.

10. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Bonzi was lost today but that's acceptable now.
    Juwan actually did a pretty good job today. His fronting is pretty effective.
    But Luther couldn't make mid-range jumper. I guess he only practices 3s. Hopefully this is a good lesson he learned and he could give us clutch shot in the playoff.
    JVG! I am even tired to complain him.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Clippers. And ... can't think of any others.

And announcers just said McGrady isn't playing on Friday. Great.

Looks like we'll be 15-11 by Saturday.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Hayes has been disappointing lately. I wonder how bad his knee really is.

13. fbagulbagul

fbagulbagul Member

TMAC will not play in San Antonio......

14. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

count 15-11 even with a healthy Tmac.

15. naturalized

naturalized Member

I'm dissapointed that we lost today. HOwever, I'm not disappointed at the players. We just didn't shoot well, especially in the abysmal second quarter. Oh well, here's to next game.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Problem is Battier is not good at creating offense. He is too slow to drive past his man. He is not a good ball handler and he does not have a quick first step. The only thing he can do at times is post up, dribble dribble and then fake one way and come back the other for a hook shot. Even that hook shot is not a natural shot. It looks very mechanical and predictable. Decent defenders wont have a hard time covering that.

So, how is Battier supposed to score? He cant create his own offense. If his man stays with him, he will not get many looks. Battier's offense is not dictated by him or Rockets game plan. How many points he scores in a game is dictated by how the other team decides to play him.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was pathetic, the team had no energy and lost to a HORRIBLE basketball team.

Mentally weak.....the Rockets did not come out and hustle they got out hustled by a bunch of NBDL players.

There is no way they should lose that game, and someone tell Luther when you have the ball and a chance to tie with under a minute to go...YAO has to touch the ****ING ball....just stupid....

Luther STUPID Head.

DD

18. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

After this game.

Good things:

Yao had another moster game.
    Head set a new ''3'' record for Rockets.
    Another 20+ for Alston.

Bad things:

Rox lost again without T-mac.
    Bonzi sucked the whole game.
    1 board for Yao to complete double double.

Now I am really missing T-mac. I hope he can get back for good.

19. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

Well, I'm just wondering if Yao didn't get the stats wouldn't it just be easier for the team to lose?
    Yao HAS done his job, but it takes FIVE!

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Was it you who said Battier could be a viable 3rd option and score 15 ppg? He is what he is and will never be more than a 4th option on offense. He is too inconsistent with both his effort and his shot. On defense, Shane is predictably good every night. I like him on our team but he didn't bring enough to the table tonight.