1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

What's with the misogyny? There are women who are 100x tougher than Royce, while birthing 4 children too.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

105-96 loss.

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

Lin IS progressing and becoming a better player....what fools people that someone is regressing or not being good player is they think then he must play excellent each night....nothing could be more further from truth...

the progress in each and every human endeavor is rarely linear function and is made in sparks and spurts...and the learning curve almost always has many downs...i think it's because the human nervous system is made that way...whenever the skills are improving and the new learnings are occurring or new habits are being introduced the existing skills seems like stagnating or even going backward

its because the work is in progress in the nervous system and there is an ongoing process of new synapses and neural pathways being in process of formation and the old one being in process of removal...just like computer slowing down when many programs are running simultaneously...

4. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Nope, I don't think it's bad but I don't think it will happen. The rest would be good so he can play against LAL.

BTW, does Jeremy tend to play better at away games? That thought just popped up.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Just needs a counch:grin: at guess.

6. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

The whole team seems to have played better at away games. Weird eh?

7. rockets137

rockets137 Member

I heard that LMA will be not available for tomoro game, anyone can confirm for this news?
    even if he's available, i think we have the edge over them, i mean look over their bench, that bench is pathetic and sucker than us (that is one fact you can deny)

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Don't burst out into laughter when you read this, but the key to this game will be the Rockets bench. Here's why:

1. Portland has a great starting 5, but their bench is dismal. It's arguably the worst in the NBA. They have neither frontcourt nor backcourt depth.

2. New Blazers coach Terry Stotts has tried to solve this problem by playing his starters an obscene amount of minutes. Players like Aldridge and Batum are playing 39-40 minutes a game. He is running their legs off.

3. The Rockets don't have a fantastic bench themselves, but it's better than the bench these jokers have. If Houston can keep the game up-tempo and run on them, Portland will be too tired to execute in the fourth quarter. It's been the reason the Blazers have lost in the past, and if they lose tonight, this will be the reason once again.

9. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

You do have something valid there.... Our bench is gradually improving and having more confidence while their bench is almost non-existing.. I was thinking along the same line when reading about the Blazers earlier..

10. Arthurprescott2

I think you might be right. And more to the point, I sorta trust our bench right now. Morris/Delfino/Smith all bring stuff to the table without taking too much off it. Sad that Smith might be out w/ his finger though.

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

nice observation

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

I was watching the Spurs Knicks game & I noticed that the Knicks offense runs through Carmelo however they aren't reliant on him to score 40 points to win games. The Rockets have a long way to go. They are running there offense through James but we overly reliant on him to score. It can't be like that. Rockets will figure it out just have to be patient.

13. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Yeah, I actually like this quite a bit. Their bench isn't very good and ours, while not great, is a better bench than what Portland's got. Further, the way that Mook is playing right now, I want him on the court for 25-30 minutes. All-in-all, what you have prophesied just might be right!

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

another good thing about rockets is i think we wont notice too much if someone get injured and miss several games...except perhaps for Asik

15. VanityHalfBlack

Another win for the Rockets...

16. milica

milica Member

Thank you.

We've seen too many "ovarian injury" and "vaginitis" comments.

We don't have your physical strength, but we are tough survivors. Most men would not survive giving birth (some even faint at the sight of blood).

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

18. JK1

JK1 Member

All the starters in double figures scoring. Rockets win this one.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I just remembered....in the preseason Jeremy Lamb seemed like he was getting frustrated at Jeremy Lin's lack of good decision making. It was only one instance so take it for what its worth.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

There are a lot of sexists on this board. There are also a lot of 12-14 year old boys on this board. I don't think these two things are a coincidence.