1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. FacePalmMaster

Do you?

2. Mr. Space City

I'm not the one crying about racism :confused:

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

It's not Morey's reaction I'm wondering about but Les Alexander's reaction to this game? Lin is his boy.

Something tells me the coaching staff will be gone before Lin is traded. I'm tired of listening to Sampson's sorry ass excuses which just doesn't make sense. I guess eveything is hindsight.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yeah but Lillard was still scoring so I can understand why Sampson choose to give TD a try. Especially with what happened in the first meeting. I don't agree with it either but I can understand why.

5. FacePalmMaster

I already showed you a clip of Shaq's voiceover. But it's just a lovely 'joke'. So what else i have to show??? You want to live in a perfect world where everyone is color-blind, so be it.

Forget it now, let's talk basketball.....Sampson sucks.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Perhaps having the guy with 11 assists in the game would be a decent way to make the team less sticky with the ball?

2 people like this.
  7. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Every logical comment on this board makes me angrier.... how can it be so obvious to us but not to them?

8. Mr. Space City

So 1 person = whole NBA?

Shaq respects Yao and they're good friends.

http://www.tout.com/m/5o0b7w

Keep pulling the race card.

9. torocan

torocan Member

For the current season...

Dwyane Wade - 0.93 (192)
    Shane Battier - 0.78 (82)
    Tony Allen - 0.69 (42)
    Andre Iguodala - 0.67 (29)

Things to keep in mind...

The season is still early so the sample size is still on the small side. Last season Lin was rated #128 based on PPP Allowed. His defense has improved substantially this season, but where he'll fall by the end of the season, I have no idea. I think he'll land in the top 100.

You're going to give up more PPP if you're defending Dirk, Melo or Lebron than if you're defending Damian Lillard or Mike Conley.

Injuries can skew a player's numbers downward significantly if they don't take a break to heal. They are worse while the injury persists, but they can rebound to their normal defensive levels.

Finally, high scorers are notorious for taking Defensive plays off to reduce their fouls drawn, as well as to conserve energy to score more. Just because someone CAN defend well, does NOT mean they choose to do so on every play, or even most plays depending on the player.

10. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Sampson was rattled. It was obvious with his multiple Lin/Douglas subs in the final 6 minutes.

11. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Because the coaching staff thinks the fans are stupid.

I hope Lin gets the opportunity to talk to Coach D on Sunday.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yeah probably because he wanted Lin on offense, but trust TD more on defense.

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

IF I had one wish, it would be to own the rockets for just one day, so I can fire the eff out of Sampson. Eff world peace or 100 bilion dolllars or Kate Upton. Nothing would be give me more pleasure.

1 person likes this.
  14. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Lillard and Batum were good.. Lillard had slow start even in last game, but hot in later quarters.. the Lillard factor must be high in the coach's mind..

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I would love to hear what kind of discussion Sampson had with Lin after the game tonight and how his teammates feel about Lin sitting out the entire OT.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

toro dropping some serious knowledge

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Dude you wanna coach the Rockets?

18. just a word

just a word Member

Interesting! Thank you! I hope that Lin can keep up near Tony Allen's level because that's just incredible.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Didn't watch the game but wondering why no Terrence Jones or extensive minutes for our bigs off the bench?? Did they play small a lot? Sampson said TJ could see the court tonight:

20. sidestep

sidestep Member

It's interesting seeing so many comments about TD being the better defender than Lin. It goes to show that Sampson is not an isolated case, but actually representative of a not uncommon way of subjecting players to the trusty 'eye test.'