1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

I agree he's overhyped, and that contributes to the problem as well. So you're saying there is not even a hint of racism at all in the NBA in any of it's players? I highly doubt it.

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

funny as a die hard knick fan, as awesome a defender as TD is i never heard D'Antoni or Mike Woodson says they put DOuglas in the end of games cause he was a better defensive match-up.

3. VanityHalfBlack

What do you mean embarrassed??? In the NBA you lose as a team no??? Embarrassed is getting dunked on/ crossed over, no??? Is Lin dunking on fools, no!!!! Is Lin crossing over fools left and right, no!!!! So explain to me why would a professional athlete be embarrassed by Lin doing what????

4. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

And leave someone else open? Portland was locked in tonight, I don't think doubling one of them would have helped.

5. instar

instar Member

they were on road, prolly won't be any post game interviews.

6. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

This.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think this team will match up well against the Lakers.

I know most won't, but I'm expecting a W.

8. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, I think Sampson is confusing for the Hornets game...

9. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

With 1:50 left in the 2nd quarter, Lin was benched, the Rockets had a 15 point lead........ During that last 1:50, the Blazers went on a 8-0 run to end the half.

That stretch changed the game. The Blazers were back in the game, and the crowd was back in the game.

It was not just the benching of Lin in OT that killed the Rockets. Lin has shown to be a money player late in games. It's as if Sampson never saw him play when he was with the Knicks.

10. just a word

just a word Member

I'M JUST SO PISSED. MOREY BETTER BE IN HIS EAR ABOUT THIS BS.

BECAUSE THIS IS TOTAL BS. 'BETTER DEFENSIVELY' MY ASS.

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Getting in someone's face and waving your hand up and down doesn't really make you a good defender. Lin is just as effective on the ball without looking like he's had a few red bulls too many

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

You brought up the whole thing about other players not wanting to be embarrassed by him when he was pre-NBA. The NBA equivalent would would be getting out-played, no matter whether it's through dunks, spot-on shots, or passes. Being a better player?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So what? Everyone else besides Lillard was cold. Even Batum missed shots he made earlier in the game...and Lillard went on to score like all of their points in OT...get the ball out of his hands.

You saw what they did to Harden even with shooters on the floor. I'd rather live with anyone else having the ball with Lillard. He was destroying our team and we just watched it happened trying the same thing and playing him the same way.

How many times were they going to go under screens on these guys to get beat? Over and over again?

14. torocan

torocan Member

Uh, they do. From a former team mate of Jeremy Lin at Harvard...

http://drewhousman.com/2012/02/15/the-rule/#more-414

They do it to Whites, you can imagine what it's been like for Lin his entire life. Just because nobody has told you about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

15. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Lin is really being under-utilized by Rox coaching. If anyone watched his NYK games last year, he has a big upside on offense, if utilized better (like D'Antoni did). He drew alot of fouls off of high pick & roll plays, run specifically for him. Those plays put alot of pressure on the other team's guards. Currently he is forced to look for shots. He is not CP3, Westbrook, Deron Williams, or any of those elite PGs. But that doesn't mean he can't score. Coaching needs to learn from D'Antoni and how he put Lin in a situation that took pressure off of his own team, and created pressure for the other team's guards.

Lin is only getting 8 or 10 shots a game. But he is excelling on the other stats. In fact, his rebounds are up from last year, his assists are up from last year, his steals are up from last year (4th in the league), and his TOs are down from last year.

It's a shame Rox coaching is not using him to full potential. Just sad.

16. mirus

mirus Member

just a question r u from the knicks board?

17. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

I think he sat Lin before the end of the half to prevent him picking up his 3rd foul. He tried to do that with Harden as well but was too late.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Because I read it in woj article and was replying to your comment about what you made earlier regarding this exact same thing.. We're going in circles here Entropy, circles...

19. JK1

JK1 Member

what is your major malfunction?

20. FacePalmMaster

Well to be fair how many Asian players are there in the NBA right now? There's still alot of ignorant folks out there in all levels and areas of society who still hold these stereotypes of how certain people should or should not be.

I don't think anyone really knows how bad Lin has it, other than Lin himself. But I also hear him say in a interview that when he was playing in college he has it the worst in college from fans, players, even coaches/staff. But when he first got in the NBA, he was really surprised players were actually welcoming him and being friendly. Pretty sure all the hype from last year changed that vibe he's getting. Whether it's race or hype, either way he's a marked man. He has a big name now but he's still relatively inexperienced and coming off recovery, so he's vulnerable. I hope he pulls thru.